Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Picked up my 2010 S3 on Saturday

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben S3 8P3 View Post
    Making me wish I had a black one
    Your car looks nice

I love black cars for the 5 minutes they look clean. But it is depressing seeing all the marks, swirls and scratches when cleaning them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OliS3 View Post
    I think i'll order a Meguiars clay bar then, what lube do you use? lol
    Normally people just use water, I use daemon shine as I've got tonnes of it, water based anyway.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    I picked by new new S3 up on Thursday night Not without problems in the typical Audi Tamworth way. They told me they would match the monthly repayments even though this one was more expensive and when I went to sign they had added another 10 months on the length of the finance :O and just to finish it off went to collect it and they couldn't tax it as the V5 was at another garage and I had to meet the sales rep there so I could get the car that night. I think i'm going to write a nice letter explaining all the grief i've had to see if I can get a free service or something out of them.

Anyway I really like having a manual car again even though the DSG box is excellent, but as the other car was remapped i'm missing the extra power. I've basically decided i'm going to have to go stage 2 and am just weighing up the options at the moment.

Neutral

Status
    If you've paid with finance, they should give you 2 years free service and 12 months free warrenty. Audi tamworth are a joke, it took them 4 hours to fit my cruise control! When they said 1hr / 1hr 1/2.

1st Gear

Status
    Some quick pics

dubdemand and Kelza like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckford View Post
    If you've paid with finance, they should give you 2 years free service and 12 months free warrenty. Audi tamworth are a joke, it took them 4 hours to fit my cruise control! When they said 1hr / 1hr 1/2.
    The last time i'll be going there, that is for sure. I got 12 months warranty but no servicing. I'll see what I can do with this letter and go from there.

2nd Gear

Status
    Very nice replacement mate, your old car was nice but this is better (and newer).
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Very nice replacement mate, your old car was nice but this is better (and newer).
    Nice one I need to order the full Milltek and get a remap asap. Missing the noise and extra power so much

5th Gear

Status
    Nice one I need to order the full Milltek and get a remap asap. Missing the noise and extra power so much
    new clutch on the way then?:]
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    new clutch on the way then?:]
    I guess so :D I can't believe the stock clutch is that bad, I guess I'll find out soon.

At least with the S3 it does spin up the tyres unlike some other 4wd cars I've drove. Which I see as a positive as launching Evo's tended to put all the strain on the gearbox or clutch.

I have done some research on Stage 2.

So on my shopping list I think I'll started with a turbo back de-cat or sports car none resonated Milltek. I'm tempted to go for the de-cat but then I have the worry of MOT time for the sake of £200. Best price I've found is £1099 delivered for the sports cat version.

English...not so good

Status
    Nice, coolant reservoir looks over filled.

Rarely neutral

Status

Picked up my 2010 S3 on Saturday

You don't need a decat for anything less than Stg3 or above and as you say it avoids any MOT issues.

The car isn't over endowed with grip on the stock Bridgestones but if you sort the suspension and Haldex,traction is a lot better.

Mine doesn't break traction that easily now with twice the power you're running unless I put the PS3s on the thing.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Plus one, I noticed that
    2009/2010 | Audi S3 Black Edition Ibis White | Black Optics Pack | Fully Loaded | S-Tronic

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Nice one Will get some of that out asap

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    You don't need a decat for anything less than Stg3 or above and as you say it avoids any MOT issues.

The car isn't over endowed with grip on the stock Bridgestones but if you sort the suspension and Haldex,traction is a lot better.

Mine doesn't break traction that easily now with twice the power you're running unless I put the PS3s on the thing.
    I think the other s3 i was driving had work done on the suspension. The grip at the front doesn't seem as good on this one Going to cost me a fortune to make me happy

Rarely neutral

Status
    I think the other s3 i was driving had work done on the suspension. The grip at the front doesn't seem as good on this one Going to cost me a fortune to make me happy
    I'd tell you what it cost me,but that won't make you happy either!

5th Gear

Status
    Just start with ARB front and back + WALK and should be ok for stage 2/2+, if the money gets better you can then always fit nice set of coilovers too.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    Just start with ARB front and back + WALK and should be ok for stage 2/2+, if the money gets better you can then always fit nice set of coilovers too.
    So £300+ for the anti-roll bars, this is going to get expensive lol

5th Gear

Status
    plus 100 for alignment i am afraid

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    plus 100 for alignment i am afraid
    If it helps that much then I guess its worth it.

If only I had both of these S3s for a day to swap bits over on

Rarely neutral

Status

So £300+ for the anti-roll bars, this is going to get expensive lol
    You don't know what you've let yourself in for!

I've just swapped out the kW v3 setup on mine for the Clubsport suspension and waved goodbye to another £2k.

Neutral

Status
    Looks as though you have had a good result..
    --M135i AW,Manual--

Rarely neutral

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CJ92 View Post
    Looks as though you have had a good result..
    I think the German economy has.

1st Gear

Status
    ARBs/Springs/Anti Lift Kit

Revo Map Plus SPS switch/DSG map

Miltek res/non/res havent decided yet

Guessing that little lot is going to cost me 3K at least, thinking of just selling up and getting a TTRS
    2009/2010 | Audi S3 Black Edition Ibis White | Black Optics Pack | Fully Loaded | S-Tronic

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post

Guessing that little lot is going to cost me 3K at least, thinking of just selling up and getting a TTRS
    I detailed an RS3 today, the 5 pot engine is something else, I'm in! So go for it if you can do it
    Kelza likes this.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

S.
    5th Gear

Status

it's going to cost 3k with ttrs too
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Rarely neutral

Status

Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    it's going to cost 3k with ttrs too
    And......

You wait till you see the cost of the big turbo kits for it.

1st Gear

Status
    And......

You wait till you see the cost of the big turbo kits for it.
    I dont think I would go that far with it

Rarely neutral

Status

I dont think I would go that far with it
    Enjoy the S3 then....

Mine is still great fun to play with and still has more to go.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'd be more than happy with a stock RS3/TT-RS let alone a tuned one, unreal machines man.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I'd be more than happy with a stock RS3/TT-RS let alone a tuned one, unreal machines man.
    I thought about it for a while....

I didn't want 5 doors,so that kind of rules it out anyway,but to get the RS(and that includes the TT-RS) to the same power/weight means a lot of extra cash,on top of the extra price in the first place.

Also,getting beyond 500bhp on the 2.5L engine has taken until now,and even then,there are very few cars running that sort of power,whereas the parts for the S3 are readily available,and they work.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

That's fair enough, your used to your 500bhp. But the S-Tronic, with DSG parp and the 5 cylinder soundtrack sold it for me, everything else was iirelevant

1st Gear

Status
    While I'm not one to discourage some suspension mods, the difference in front grip could be as simple as the tyres.... what's this new one got fitted to it and have they got much wear on them?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    That's fair enough, your used to your 500bhp. But the S-Tronic, with DSG parp and the 5 cylinder soundtrack sold it for me, everything else was iirelevant
    The soundtrack is nicer,I have to admit......but the noise and the bangs from the exhaust on this make up for it...LOL

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by essIII View Post
    While I'm not one to discourage some suspension mods, the difference in front grip could be as simple as the tyres.... what's this new one got fitted to it and have they got much wear on them?
    I checked the tyres straight away and they are the same brand and model with about the same grip. The ride is softer on this one so the other must of had something done to it.

I then noticed the tyre pressures were all over the place (thanks for checking those in your 145 point check Audi) so i've set them to what the label says even though they seem stupidly high but i'm going to research that later.

Rarely neutral

Status
    I checked the tyres straight away and they are the same brand and model with about the same grip. The ride is softer on this one so the other must of had something done to it.I then noticed the tyre pressures were all over the place (thanks for checking those in your 145 point check Audi) so i've set them to what the label says even though they seem stupidly high but i'm going to research that later.
    What make are the tyres?.....the Bridgestones that Audi seem so fond of are awful

1st Gear

Status
    What make are the tyres?.....the Bridgestones that Audi seem so fond of are awful
    continental sport contact 2

Rarely neutral

Status
    continental sport contact 2
    Those are generally pretty good tyres,but one other thing to check is wheel alignment,and on any of the Quattros,it's prone to slipping out of alignment quite easily and quickly.

3rd Gear

Status
    Dont know as cant watch the video at work but if people are thinking it doenst seem that fast and its a dsg could it be that it hasnt had any gearbox software on an its the box holding the map or engine back ?

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry didnt realise there was another 2 pages i hadnt read

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast