AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    recomdos's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    988

    Strange insurance quote

    Hello,

    Quick question. I'm using the online quote sites like go compare and money supermarket. I'm putting in the reg plates for S3 sportbacks but the results come up A3 2.0tfsi 5 door 1998 onwards. This happened with 2 of the cars. So I thought that's strange, and instead put in the option of not knowing the reg and looking for the S3 model. Though I couldn't find anything! So I'm a bit baffled. Could some of you s3 sportback guys give one of the sites a whirl? Be interesting to see what results you get. On a side note the insurance was really competitive! So if it's correct I'm chuffed. If its wrong then something is a miss! :O

    Cheers

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    LEEDS
    Posts
    81
    mines come up as a A3 2.0Tfsi as well..no biggy.

  4. #3
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by recomdos View Post
    Hello,

    Quick question. I'm using the online quote sites like go compare and money supermarket. I'm putting in the reg plates for S3 sportbacks but the results come up A3 2.0tfsi 5 door 1998 onwards. This happened with 2 of the cars. So I thought that's strange, and instead put in the option of not knowing the reg and looking for the S3 model. Though I couldn't find anything! So I'm a bit baffled. Could some of you s3 sportback guys give one of the sites a whirl? Be interesting to see what results you get. On a side note the insurance was really competitive! So if it's correct I'm chuffed. If its wrong then something is a miss! :O

    Cheers
    I had the same, phoned them, told them I had an S3 2.0 TFSI, sorry sir we wont insure you......
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  5. #4
    recomdos's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    I had the same, phoned them, told them I had an S3 2.0 TFSI, sorry sir we wont insure you......
    Ahhhh - that's what I've been thinking! How rubbish as the quote was really good! (approx £290). I called audi to check the car over as began to think it could be a lookalikey! Fortunately not - phew!

  6. #5
    thebluefox's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by recomdos View Post
    Ahhhh - that's what I've been thinking! How rubbish as the quote was really good! (approx £290). I called audi to check the car over as began to think it could be a lookalikey! Fortunately not - phew!
    Haha, I did exactly the same when I got my S3 last year. Ended up ringing Aviva and doing it over the phone.

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    4
    Hi, first post here.
    I have just renewed my insurance and searched through all the comparing sites. At first the quotes were coming up with a3 2.0 tfsi. When entered manually without my registration I found s3 models at the bottom of the drop down list of the a3 section. Esure and endsleigh both proved to be less than half price of my renewal price from Admiral. Very pleased with new price!

  8. #7
    recomdos's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by ch11zzy View Post
    Hi, first post here.
    I have just renewed my insurance and searched through all the comparing sites. At first the quotes were coming up with a3 2.0 tfsi. When entered manually without my registration I found s3 models at the bottom of the drop down list of the a3 section. Esure and endsleigh both proved to be less than half price of my renewal price from Admiral. Very pleased with new price!
    1. Welcome ch11zzy
    2. Thanks - off to compare! :D

  9. #8
    s3 th's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    59
    When I insured my s3 it originally came up with a3 2.0 tfsi so phoned to confirm policy and when double checking details the price went up due to wrong
    Car listed on comparison site. Now with greenlight. The specialise in performance and modified cars

  10. #9
    skyinsurance's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    287
    Feel free to get in touch, we can select the vehicle manually.

    Sky Insurance - Tel: 03303 331250

    We offer up to a 20% discount for Audi-Sport.net members

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone know of competitive insurance quotes,UK.
    By MAXGAVIN in forum Detailing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28th April 2006, 18:42
  2. Anyone know of competitive insurance quotes,UK.
    By MAXGAVIN in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 2005, 01:07
  3. S3 Insurance quotes
    By Jodi in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15th November 2004, 16:22
  4. Had any shock insurance quotes after a claim?
    By noodle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st October 2003, 05:10
  5. It's that time of year again - insurance quotes?
    By ColinM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14th April 2003, 17:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO