JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike foster

Thread: Rear wiper has a mind of its own

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wiltshrie
    Posts
    85

    Rear wiper has a mind of its own

    My rear wiper when switched on and off does a few cycles then stops half way on the screen and some times its fine and once it has gone off without the wiper stalk being in the correct position, whats the most likely cause? stalk, motor?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    I had a motor replaced on mine for similar symptoms ,so i would say its the motor , not cheap though, £200 ish iirc

  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wiltshrie
    Posts
    85
    This car is costing a fortune already lol

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    4
    My oldmans 57plate A4 had this problem, took the trim panel off and found the ground corroded, so quick bit of de-corrosion at the stud and WD-40 and then that seemed to fix it, (this was saturday) so its been fine for 2 and a half days which he says is a record!

  6. #5
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Craig View Post
    My rear wiper when switched on and off does a few cycles then stops half way on the screen and some times its fine and once it has gone off without the wiper stalk being in the correct position, whats the most likely cause? stalk, motor?
    Loads of threads on the subject - try and do a search. Most likely is motor corroded inside with washer fluid. Latest motor has been modified and costs about £120 from Audi.

    Mostly affects 2005 - 2007 models and is very common fault.
    audicruiser likes this.

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wiltshrie
    Posts
    85
    That would be better on the pocket if it was just an earth, thanks, will have a look and let you know how I get on

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wiltshrie
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Loads of threads on the subject - try and do a search. Most likely is motor corroded inside with washer fluid. Latest motor has been modified and costs about £120 from Audi.

    Mostly affects 2005 - 2007 models and is very common fault.
    . Mine is 2006 so could be, will take panel off and see what I find

  9. #8
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Craig View Post
    . Mine is 2006 so could be, will take panel off and see what I find
    You will need a motor for sure.... Mine went and was built late 2006.
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wiltshrie
    Posts
    85
    Rang audi up and for a new rear wiper motor it's £115.72, however they have it on eurocarparts for £93.60 and with 25% discount code it makes it £70.20

  11. #10
    Fossie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rhubarb Triangle
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Craig View Post
    Rang audi up and for a new rear wiper motor it's £115.72, however they have it on eurocarparts for £93.60 and with 25% discount code it makes it £70.20
    Just make sure it's the latest version 8E9 955 711 suffix 'E'

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    137
    FYI i found that Belfast Audi do a genuine motor 8E9 955 711E for £78 delivered from Ebay

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Rear wiper has a mind of it's own! - A4/S4 Avant
    By S3 Wannabe in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd November 2010, 20:32
  2. sunroof has a mind of its own
    By ALPINE in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th June 2008, 11:22
  3. Sunroof has a mind of its own
    By adamgroves in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th August 2004, 19:57
  4. Petrol gauge has a mind of its own
    By PaulBelsham in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 16th July 2004, 10:37
  5. My clock has a mind of its own
    By Kevint in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th October 2003, 12:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO