My New Audi A3 8P carpet mats set black with red binding QTM Direct Review

Stev_A3

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know its hard to get excited about car mats but I felt a need to show off my new set and help others be able to choose their own. My 56 plate Audi A3 with 43K had the original Audi mats but the drivers side mat had become thing where the heels normally rest (other sides are like new) but I wanted a change and in particular with red binding to go with the factory S line black/red theme. After looking at many adverts I came across qtmdirect2u_2009 - Chris Norton. I had sent several messages to ensure these mats would be the right choice for me and the car. He sent me a sample of the velour (black binding) and prestige (red binding) upgrade for me to compare, velour was like the dealer quality whilst prestige was a bit more special and would look better without the heel pad. I bought the complete set + boot set for around £62, which is a great deal compared to the Audi dealer mats imho with the added bonus of the boot mat. The premium Audi mats with the silver edge/logo look good but glad I went for these. Please see the pictures of them fitted today (I cant comment on the quality as they have not been tested yet but will update at a later date)

The red binding is red and not pinkish as the poor pictures show.

Compliments the S-line interior very well:
20130127_142835_zps3c0884a6.jpg

20130127_142816_zps6f718e0c.jpg

20130127_143008_zpsce1fbdca.jpg

20130127_142928_zps83eb1cd4.jpg

Perfect fit
20130127_143413_zps7724c6e1.jpg

20130127_143045_zps2d0373f4.jpg

20130127_143116_zpsecb1db68.jpg

Bonus boot mat
20130127_143226_zps2d9d23fc.jpg

Very pleased I hope they last (I do about 1000 miles a month), speedy service from Qtmdirect, arrivied within 48hrs via fedex. If you need mats try these guys.

These suit my car perfectly Audi A3 3.2 V6 in Brilliant Black with S Line.

Looks like the edging is good thickish quality, so shouldnt fray, they fit very well, but tbh the boot one is pointless imho, just buy yourself a bootliner, £28 on ebay, I have the same ones for both our 8P's & they're brilliant, rubberised plastic & nothing ends up in the spare wheel well :)

He's done a good job for sure.

NHN - can you point me to the ebay items via a pm please? Thanks,

I like that boot liner. Looks a tough bit of kit. See you Friday mate

OMG, I was just about to ring you fella lol, thats freaky I tell yer.

The boot liners are fantastic, tough, but flexible with some rigidity enough to hold everything within & had mine for years now without a single tear, the audi ones are ****** useless.

Cheers they do fit well and are quite thick but time will tell on the quality. TBH I had no reason to the boot mat (Its rare I carry anything akward/dirty and if I do I would normally just lay old linen down) but it was only a further £12 iirc to get it and it matched the rest of the mats so I thought why not. I think the black rubber ones would look good in the back of a land rover defender not in an A3!

Cheers for the link Nigel. Ordered one the other day - very good quality! I put an order in for the foam one at my local Audi parts department but they never got back to me. I'm glad I didn't get the foam one in the end, this one seems much more durable and for pretty much the same price! :)

They're very good tbh, I have tools in/out, some heavy, some pointed, etc & not one hole, still retains shape, very hard wearing & fit like a glove, also you can fold them to remove & put back with no creases, for me one of the best buys for my car overall.