Bio Diesel?

funkycat

Reaction score
Folks, following on from Wilko's post about mpg, has anyone with a TDI looked into/tried/ contact Audi re warranty on running a car on Bio Diesel.

I have done some swift home work following an artcile in the "Driving" section of the Sunday times on alternative fuels. There is a growing demand for Bio Diesel, I have found out that there is an outlet for it just down the road my where I live.

What are others experiences thoughts?

My girlfriend has switched to bio diesel last month. She doesn't notice any difference to standard diesel. She's driving a Golf IV. The manual for her car said it can use bio and standard without any special modification. However, the manual for my Sportsback states I can only use bio diesel if I have the green coloured fuel cap/hole which I don't have. A mechanic told her that some filter will need to be changed after switching over to bio. Don't have any details on the filter he mentioned. That's all I know about it. And it's also going up in price around our area since there is more demand for it. I think it's close to the 90 cent/litre region right now.