JBS Auto Designs & Darkside Developments dpf and egr delete packages

Simon170TDI

Reaction score
Any had any of these done on there cars and what are your views on them.. any better places to go.. dont want dpf gutting i want a new pipework by the way.. i know it says 210-240 bhp depending on current mods..... anyone know the mods needed to take it to 240 bhp

thanks in advance

hi there , my previous A3 was a 170 tdi .
I had it remapped , miltek big bore down pipe (dpf delete) dpf delete software remap , miltek non resonated full system , all done by JBS auto designs.
Initially I had the "wild" map , found it very annoying to drive after the novelty wore off, barely touching throttle gave 100% throttle .

Car was never rolling roaded as it was not included in the price ! and when mentioned said the rolling road was out of action.
so no power figures are available for my car.

That said once I had the remap redone by JBS as "mild" I had no other issues , car drove well and certainly had loads of torque.
in fact too much , 6 months after remap the clutch started to slip so that was replaced with a uprated sachs clutch and a standard dual mass flywheel was also fitted .

For a tdi the car was quick and did push you into the back of the seat , had a couple of duals with other cars and thet really didnt pull away that much.

I saw no real improvement in mpg , not that i was looking for that , averaged 45 mpg over 25 mile A road drive to work.
was a little harder on front tyres , too be expected.

car passed 2 mot's in tuned state with no issues , and was remapped at 56k and was sold at 87k .

one other point to note it did belch black smoke (soot) on hard acceleration , so it is obvious the dpf is removed , and depends if you like a dirty rear end , ooh errr !

the dpf delete pipe certainly made the turbo spool up a lot quicker , and you could hear this as well as feel it.

hope that is of some help.

john

I would imagine 240 BHP would need an uprated clutch (pricey). Might be a better idea to start with a quattro 170 for that much extra power.

You're not going to get 240 on the std injectors, they don't have a lot of head room. A lot of power quotes are a little on the optimistic side. We say 205bhp, and with that it feels very quick. After that it's turbo, injectors, exhaust etc and it's not that nice to drive. Much better going for the TFSI if you want more power.

Rick

ive deleted the egr cooler on my car using there system quiet an eay job to do as long as the egr is mapped out your ecu.

im on 213 bhp with a few mods

Darkside devlopments are absolutly amazing at what they do, they have done alot of engine work on my car, wouldnt take it anywere else now. I will be going 80 miles to them just for a service!