A3 2009 back speakers

deek19790

Reaction score
Hi,

The back speakers in the car are barely making a sound....they sound like tweeters on a very low volume.

Front are fine and wiring is fine, does anyone else have this issue?

D

You don't have Bose, correct? The fronts are driven off the head unit, the rears and sub are driven off a small amp that's inside the sub enclosure.

I'm afraid I don't have much advice, except it's probably an issue with the amp. If you want to check the connection, it's behind the panel on the left side in the hatch. There's a large plug that goes into the top of the sub enclosure

Good luck! :thumbup:

Er - at the risk of starting with the obvious - what happens if you "fade" all the way to the rear on the headunit?

I have the same problem and have tried all the obvious solutions such as fading all the sound to the back speakers. Not much luck.

Hi,

The back speakers in the car are barely making a sound....they sound like tweeters on a very low volume.

Front are fine and wiring is fine, does anyone else have this issue?

D

Hi ,

When it fades to rear only it's like only tweeters On low volume....if I put stereo to half volume I can nearly hear it....if I fade to fronts I have to reduce volume as too loud.

D

Hmm - again at risk of stating the obvious - sounds like a problem with the amp or the speakers. My aftermarket head unit makes the rears sound puny but only cos it's so much more powerful than the OEM unit was.
I reckon your car is like mine (apart from you having quadlok connectors on the back of the headunit where mine has ISO) so there should be an amp in the sub as OCD-A3 describes.