I want to vent

davicio

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have always wanted an S3. I bought one in top spec.
For the last 7 months it has been so damned unreliable.
1. Sat Nav not working
2. Cambelt squeal at 39k
3. Lighter not working
4. Emission light intermittent
5. Engine Management light likes to come on occassionally

This on top of:
1. My car having been vandalised twice now. Bill totaling £3,400
2. Tyres all gone from 7mm (approx for all 4) to 3mm in 5,000 miles
3. Car does not do any better than 20mpg urban and max 27mpg motorway
4. My service (today) at £300; Cambelt at £530; Quattro oil at $$$, Brake Fluid etc etc etc - ridiculous
5. My Quattro couldn't even get me out of a snow situation the other day without me digging my way out

I'm sorry everyone - but this car has been the biggest vehicle disappointment in my lifetime! Expensive, unreliable, not fun at all, under-steers something chronic and the worst Audi Customer Servicing I have experienced - yet everybody else other than me loves this vehicle!

My windscreen has even cracked due to the snow! It just goes on and on. Fed up with it. Get me in a RWD Roadster please.

I've just traded a 2008 S3 for a 2011 S3 BE.

The difference is crazy. It's been in the garage more than I've had it.

So far-

New AMI - Stopped working.
Tyres were renewed prior to purchase but they forgot to balance them. Driving home with steering shudderring like mad.
New Front Wheel - Laquer peeling.
Front bumper respray - Paint defect. Noticed after I bought it.
New rear external trim - I thought someone had caught it with a sponge but they said it was warped so replaced it.
Waiting for new rear screen to come in - The heated rear screen bars don't all work.
Parking sensors are next to useless compared to 2008 one. They beep when nothing is behind you.

Dissapointing to say the least. just not as good as my old one.

not good peeps :( I was at audi this morning and overheard a conversation with what sounded like an Irate customer...... Her RS4 brakes had "seized" and they couldnt remove them to fit new ones without custom removing them.....

The car was on 22000 miles and seized brakes??? wtf. and audi saying, custom removal on such a top notch car doesnt sound fkin good to me!!

What year car is it? Did you buy it from a main dealer with warranty? Sounds to me like you have one that hasnt been looked after at all, lots of people on here mostly have a good experience

I can understand why you're unhappy.

I would've been if any of mine had been like that but every Audi I've had so far has been totally reliable and even the "dealer experience" has been good.

I'd like to wish you the best in getting it sorted.

The worst thing about this is my very old pug 306 GTi6 some many years ago now, I paid out thousands, but I did so with a wry smile knowing my car would be back to its glorious best. I loved that thing.

I can't find any enjoyment out of this car apart from it looks lovely and the interior is rather plush. The acceleration is boring, the handling terrible, the quattro a red herring and costly to maintain, the MPG shocking and the reliability god damned awful.
Why do you like yours? Safe to say as soon as I have spent loads getting this as perfect as I would want it, it's being sold. Not sure if I should sell the vehicle without the cambelt change etc. Just had the major service today.