AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Tuning option for the 2.0 pd170 tdi

Hi

Just trying to put some info together on tuning options..

Car has had dpf, egr removal and supposed remap, goes well but not 100% sure on the map tbh..

So what are the limitations on turbo , clutch and engine in general?
    Torque, Torque, Torque

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Who mapped it & why unsure?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    stage 2 is probably top limit for the turbo, but tbh not many people went any further as it gets very expensive for stage 3
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Neutral

Status
    Map was done be previous owner along with dpf and egr through a company called mr tyre up in nottingham.. I have the receipt for work totalling £800 for map and dpf egr removal.

As I understand it the dpf is restrictive and problematic so it got taken out and mapped out..

Whilst the car goes well, I just think for a remapped car it should have more grunt.. Maybe its just me, need to get it on RR to see whats what.
    Torque, Torque, Torque

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    stage 2 is probably top limit for the turbo, but tbh not many people went any further as it gets very expensive for stage 3
    Yeh, im not looking to go crazy just wanted to see options, maybe 250bhp and buckets of torque depending on accessability
    Torque, Torque, Torque

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    You sure you're not referring to a tfsi/petrol as havnt heard of a stage 3 tdi 170 upgrade, be interested to see that data.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Gave it a little clean today..

Torque, Torque, Torque

1st Gear

Status

220' is about the most you should take it - otherwise turbo / clutch etc will be at breaking point.

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Bigfish tuning remap, S-line half Leather heated seats, Bose sounds, Elec' fold in heated mirrors, tyre pressure monitors, Charcoal roof linning, Mfsw,phone prep, 18" Speedlines, Dual climate, total open/closure remote windows,L.e.d rear lights, Ch/Lh lights,puddle lights,Cruise Ctrl, Ambient Interior lighting, footwell lights & it's a Quattro......

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    You sure you're not referring to a tfsi/petrol as havnt heard of a stage 3 tdi 170 upgrade, be interested to see that data.
    hybrid/bigger turbo + uprated injectors?:]. But who would've spent so much to get extra 30-50 bhp.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

4th Gear

Status

Stage 2 can see you with around 220bhp & 330+lb/ft of torque. Why you'd want any more than that is beyond me, I'm breaking traction at 4K rpm with decent tyres & Im only on stage 1 at the moment. Also the clutch is usually right on its limits with the stage 2 so that's another expense to consider.

There is a stage 2+ option which is way too smokey for road use, & a stage 3, but as mentioned before this means modified injectors hybrid turbo etc.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    Stage 2 can see you with around 220bhp & 330+lb/ft of torque. Why you'd want any more than that is beyond me, I'm breaking traction at 4K rpm with decent tyres & Im only on stage 1 at the moment. Also the clutch is usually right on its limits with the stage 2 so that's another expense to consider.

There is a stage 2+ option which is way too smokey for road use, & a stage 3, but as mentioned before this means modified injectors hybrid turbo etc.
    Thanks for your input..
    Is your 2 or 4 wd?
    Torque, Torque, Torque

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the obese penguin View Post
    Hi

Just trying to put some info together on tuning options..

Car has had dpf, egr removal and supposed remap, goes well but not 100% sure on the map tbh..

So what are the limitations on turbo , clutch and engine in general?
    You will need a bigger turbo for 250Bhp, larger nozzles as well. See Darkside Developments for their GTB2260vk turbo kit and tubular manifold to fit transverse engines !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Old-Boy-Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by the obese penguin View Post
    Yeh, im not looking to go crazy just wanted to see options, maybe 250bhp and buckets of torque depending on accessability
    What are the BHP Torque figures from the tuner? I have a remap from R-Tech for £400 (inc returning customer discount of £100.) so £800 sounds steep and should be excellent work. Mine now has 205 BHP and 340 torques. Remember BHP gives you top speed and torques give you acceleration/grunt. I can spin the wheels in 3rd and had to upgrade to Sachs clutch to cope. It's not quick like my S4 was but its pretty good and a major upgrade on standard. Much more driveable and great fun when you want to 'press on'!

I really don't need any more unless I wanted to do track days and then I'd have to start looking at suspension and driveline upgrades, or it wouldn't cope.

If the tuners are any good they should be prepared to put it back on the rolling road and check it out for you.

Neutral

Status
    I dont have figures as there is no print out for that... The reciept is a bit vague, just says egr removal dpf removal and remap, as said for £800... The company that did the work are 300+ miles away..

Need to find a 4wd RR down in the southwest to get it power tested..
    Torque, Torque, Torque