Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    jordcoe's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36

    Forge blow off adapter or kit??

    The blow off adapter:

    Forge Blow Off Adaptor for VAG FSiT TFSi Turbo Engines - A3 (8P) - Audi - Shop By Car

    or

    The blow off valve kit:

    Forge Blow Off Valve kit for 1.4TSI/1.8TSI/2.0TFSI Engines - A3 (8P) - Audi - Shop By Car

    can anyone thats got either of these or just knows about them tell me the difference between the two?

    as far as I know they both provide the dump valve 'psssshh' lol which is all I'm after really, so is there a decent reason why I should fork out the extra and get the valve kit?

    Cheers

    Jord
    a3 2.0T Quattro Sline

    Mods:
    H&R springs, 19" rs4 alloys, s3 rear valance, black front grill, s3 gear knob, MY11 rear lights, Scorpion cat back

    planned mods:
    3" decat/downpipe, RAMair induction, forge blow off, vmaxx coils, shark map


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Forge Blow Off Adaptor for VAG FSiT TFSi Turbo Engines - A3 (8P) - Audi - Shop By Car

    This one above is a pathetic woosh if im honest and youll get annoyed with it.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  4. #3
    jordcoe's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36
    well I won't be getting that then haha
    I'll go for the blow off valve kit then and see how that goes!
    a3 2.0T Quattro Sline

    Mods:
    H&R springs, 19" rs4 alloys, s3 rear valance, black front grill, s3 gear knob, MY11 rear lights, Scorpion cat back

    planned mods:
    3" decat/downpipe, RAMair induction, forge blow off, vmaxx coils, shark map


  5. #4
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    + actually the other one produces the same sound, the only difference being, instead of being electronically controlled, its vacuum controlled.

    Best off going to an Intake if you havent already as thats where most of the noise comes from.
    Last edited by mjr901; 20th January 2013 at 23:13.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  6. #5
    jordcoe's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36
    ok, thanks for the help anyway mate!
    bought the car with a K&N induction but to be fair I think its pretty crap... I want the neuspeed p-flo, mainly for its looks though.

    just found this video:

    ECS Tuning: VW/Audi 2.0T Forge Diverter Valve & Blow-off Valve DIY - YouTube

    even though its a mk6 TSI it shows the difference, pretty decent fitting guide as well! sure the TFSI engine isn't much different for fitment
    a3 2.0T Quattro Sline

    Mods:
    H&R springs, 19" rs4 alloys, s3 rear valance, black front grill, s3 gear knob, MY11 rear lights, Scorpion cat back

    planned mods:
    3" decat/downpipe, RAMair induction, forge blow off, vmaxx coils, shark map


  7. #6
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jordcoe View Post
    ok, thanks for the help anyway mate!
    bought the car with a K&N induction but to be fair I think its pretty crap... I want the neuspeed p-flo, mainly for its looks though.

    just found this video:

    ECS Tuning: VW/Audi 2.0T Forge Diverter Valve & Blow-off Valve DIY - YouTube

    even though its a mk6 TSI it shows the difference, pretty decent fitting guide as well! sure the TFSI engine isn't much different for fitment
    Fitment is the same, and yes that video is very informative.

    The K&N Typhoon, thats near as damn it the same as the Neuspeed isnt it??

    My P-fo thread below

    The P-Flo is fitted- Some pics inside of it fitted.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  8. #7
    jordcoe's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36
    yeah I think the Typhoon is pretty much the same, i've just got the ****ty 57i cone filter though.
    cheers for the link mate.
    a3 2.0T Quattro Sline

    Mods:
    H&R springs, 19" rs4 alloys, s3 rear valance, black front grill, s3 gear knob, MY11 rear lights, Scorpion cat back

    planned mods:
    3" decat/downpipe, RAMair induction, forge blow off, vmaxx coils, shark map


  9. #8
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jordcoe View Post
    yeah I think the Typhoon is pretty much the same, i've just got the ****ty 57i cone filter though.
    cheers for the link mate.
    Ignoring that this engine cover is the golfs version as its actually the same as the S3's just aesthetically different on top , is it like this? ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

    Does that mean you have double filteration??! as the filter is built in to the standard air box at the back?

    If its is.... that'd be immensely restrictive!!
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  10. #9
    jordcoe's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36
    mine looks exactly like that...
    not had it off to look to be honest mate, not really paid much attention to anything under the bonnet yet
    a3 2.0T Quattro Sline

    Mods:
    H&R springs, 19" rs4 alloys, s3 rear valance, black front grill, s3 gear knob, MY11 rear lights, Scorpion cat back

    planned mods:
    3" decat/downpipe, RAMair induction, forge blow off, vmaxx coils, shark map


  11. #10
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jordcoe View Post
    mine looks exactly like that...
    not had it off to look to be honest mate, not really paid much attention to anything under the bonnet yet
    If i was you, id be pulling the engine cover off, pull from opposite corners and give it a hard rock and it'll be off.

    Then have a look for the built in filter in it and see if your doing double filtration, wont take 15 mins, if that.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  12. #11
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    if you get the decent cold air intake, you'll pretty much get the desired noise (someone will back me up shortly).
    i got the similar noise with oem rev d valve and with forge valve.
    the first one (spacer) is usless and i guess you'll even loose some power with it as it dumps air in the atmosphere.
    i wouldn't throw money on that.
    second one is a good piece of kit.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  13. #12
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    if you get the decent cold air intake, you'll pretty much get the desired noise (someone will back me up shortly).
    i got the similar noise with oem rev d valve and with forge valve.
    the first one (spacer) is usless and i guess you'll even loose some power with it as it dumps air in the atmosphere.
    i wouldn't throw money on that.
    second one is a good piece of kit.
    The second one is essentially the same bit of kit, it simply eliminates the diaphragm which is prone to wear, it still 'blows off'. Yes it uses a spring which will be more hard wearing, but the point is, its vacuum operated, not electrically. However the fault with the original system isnt the electrics, its the rubber diaphragm.

    If you still want the DV to remain active, like the original, you need this kit Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

    It will use a spring instead of the diaphram, and continue to recirc the air and not blow it off, it'll create a noise to an extent but will not be as loud as the BOV valve mentioned before.

    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  14. #13
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    The second one is essentially the same bit of kit, it simply eliminates the diaphragm which is prone to wear, it still 'blows off'. Yes it uses a spring which will be more hard wearing, but the point is, its vacuum operated, not electrically. However the fault with the original system isnt the electrics, its the rubber diaphragm.

    If you still want the DV to remain active, like the original, you need this kit Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

    It will use a spring instead of the diaphram, and continue to recirc the air and not blow it off, it'll create a noise to an extent but will not be as loud as the BOV valve mentioned before.

    thats why i think it's maybe better to buy a decent intake kit.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  15. #14
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    thats why i think it's maybe better to buy a decent intake kit.
    Yup, For the average user, the setup id go for would be : ITG intake or similar, Rev D DV valve.

    If your Rev D valve keeps breaking (unlikely) then buy this Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

    As this replaces the diaphragm with a spring and continues to recirc the air.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  16. #15
    Reload's Avatar
    Bird is the Word!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    367

    Re: Forge blow off adapter or kit??

    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Yup, For the average user, the setup id go for would be : ITG intake or similar, Rev D DV valve.

    If your Rev D valve keeps breaking (unlikely) then buy this Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

    As this replaces the diaphragm with a spring and continues to recirc the air.
    Thought the Rev D valve used a spring anyway, the Rev C was the one with the crappy orange rubber diaphragm?
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

  17. #16
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Thought the Rev D valve used a spring anyway, the Rev C was the one with the crappy orange rubber diaphragm?
    It's piston based in the Rev D, not sure if a spring operates the piston or whether its simply electrically air controlled.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Forge blow off adaptor - advice
    By Roulston86 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th June 2013, 19:15
  2. Forge blow off spacer forsale
    By Craig Cull in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th November 2011, 22:15
  3. Forge blow off valve
    By Craig Cull in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st November 2011, 12:13
  4. Forge Blow Off Adaptor. Anyone have it?
    By charlie89 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th June 2011, 07:40
  5. Forge Motorsport blow off valve.
    By terrymcg in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd January 2007, 17:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO