S3 hesitation problem. Help please

big harty

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a2007 s3. Been out in the snow and have a hesitation problem over 2500 rpm. I have no fault lights on dash board,it seems to be popping through exhaust...and doesn't want to rev. But when I dip clutch all seems ok. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas please guys nd girls

Traction control cutting the power as wheels are spinning due to snow?

Don't think so even turned ESP off and seemed to make no difference.

Don't think so even turned ESP off and seemed to make no difference.

hmmmm so is it like a miss fire but only under load?

Ignition wise, Hesitation would usually bring up a light, whether it be coil,injector, plugs so at the second im stumped

I may change coil packs and see if that helps. I'm a bit stumped too

Ok not sure if it feels the same as my a3 tfsi recently was driving to Manchester and all of a sudden was getting the odd misfire very gentle ones to start with under load. After 300 miles they got worse to the point I had three in a row and my Ecl came on. Scanned it and found a misfire on cylinder 2 new plugs and a new coil pack on 2 (coil packs were only new from audi last year but I figured a bad plug could put strain on it) and she is back to better than normal. Go for new plugs :)

Usually plugs or coil packs.

Reactions: OVRA3
Just been out in the snow in the s3 and no problems at all. Now do I book it in or see how she goes. Help

Just been out in the snow in the s3 and no problems at all. Now do I book it in or see how she goes. Help

Eurocarparts have 20% off new ngk platinum plugs for 8 quid each nice cheap fix

Well done about 50 miles in it yesterday in the snow. Great fun. And no problems at all. Handles like a dream in the snow.

Sounds like plugs or coils, but if its had new plugs, then of course cant be these unless they're rubbish non oem's.

NHn I used oem audi ones mate. I may change coil packs but fault has gone. Fingers crossed. Been looking at your workmanship to other audi members cars. Love your attention to detail mate. How much to convert my red screens on dash cluster to white Thank you in advanced.

NHn I used oem audi ones mate. I may change coil packs but fault has gone. Fingers crossed. Been looking at your workmanship to other audi members cars. Love your attention to detail mate. How much to convert my red screens on dash cluster to white Thank you in advanced.

Don't think the red DIS can be changed?

Yep can't wait for mr nhn to work his magic. Hmmmmmmmm wot else can I have Nigel.

I am about to search for it now.
No going back :(

Email and money sent. Very excited about new mods. God I'm sad even my wife said I'm sad. But hey ho she married me. Now who's laughing.

:) just awaiting cluster delivery mate, already advised required :)