AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Who has what clutch for stage 2 and above

New clutch is imminent and going to stage 2+ at some point currently stage 1 linear it seems like a mine field I have no idea on single mass flywheels etc tuners of spoke to mention the loba organic and SMf then you read on here and other places people run a uprated sachs and oem DMf can anyone shed some light on what set is best for keeping the oem feel

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You won't keep the OEM feel with an uprated clutch, I've just changed mine for a Sachs clutch and new DMF and whilst it slips etc like the OEM one that's where it end. It's a lot more grabby (not a bad thing) and heavier to operate (my main bugbear).

Neutral

Status
    The upgraded Sachs clutch with OEM DMF will feel the most like OEM. The above surprises me slightly as I have driven a few with the Sachs and yes it is slightly heavier but I wouldn't say by much and I loved the general feel. Maybe one can differ from another but I wouldn't have thought by that much. Plenty of people run the Sachs with OEM DMF so that must say something.
    A few people have had issues with the Sachs slipping at stage 2 and some even at stage 1 and do upgrade to the loba and SMF but again I have been in one with this and I personally could not live with the chatter you get at idle for an every day car but again everybody is different and the chatter might not bother you.

1st Gear

Status
    No it isn't excessive but it isn't nice nice either. Everyone talks on here like they're exactly the same as oem so just like to clarify that one.

It's the price to pay for a rock solid stage 1 though.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm in a similar situation mate, is there much in price difference between the uprated sachs clutch with dmf and the loba with smf, heard a few people say the smf with the loba clutch is suprisingly quiet.

Rarely neutral

Status

Who has what clutch for stage 2 and above

I used the Sachs and LUK DMF at up to 440lbs on Stg3 software and the feel of the Sachs is virtually identical to the stock clutch.

There is a bit of a myth that uprated clutches HAVE to be much heavier than the stock item.

The Loba I would expect to be very similar in feel to the Sachs but with the proviso that any SMF setup will grumble a bit at idle.

My current setup is a Spec Stg3 clutch which is a carbon/ceramic race clutch good for nearly 600lbs and for a Stg4 car,I can totally recommend it.

It feels similar to the stock clutch in terms of weight but is obviously much tougher and will handle more torque than the gearbox and drivetrain.

It's worth thinking very carefully about the step between Stg2+ and above as it means the difference between a DMF and SMF setup and the costs involved.

Also,the Sachs will not tolerate the sort of abuse that a race clutch will,but also doesn't involve the compromises of that type of clutch.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by br20vt View Post
    I'm in a similar situation mate, is there much in price difference between the uprated sachs clutch with dmf and the loba with smf, heard a few people say the smf with the loba clutch is suprisingly quiet.
    i got loba&sachs kit installed week ago and for now it's really quiet. pedal is a bit harder but i've heard that after 1000 miles or so it gets softer.
    from inside the cabin there isn't noticable difference, and outside you can barely hear a slightly chatter but nothing like i've heard from other uprated smf kits. i've only done 200km's now due to bad weather and heavy snow and i don't know if the clutch will stay like this or it will get worse, but i'm more than happy to report back, after 1000miles or so (it's going to take a while). i did a little write up in my thread.
    some users had issues with oem dmf and sachs uprated clutch if i remember correctly.

i think the price is similar, here are prices from loba online shop:
    sachs uprated clutch €675 + oem luk dmf €385 = €1060
    loba&sachs clutch kit €975
    also release bearing is €70-80.

it's all up to you what you want at the end. i also did a research before buying and after reading great reviews about loba&sachs kit i decided to go for it, as i don't fancy changing the clutch again soon.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...