1st post - be gentle

PPPMAT

Reaction score
Seems like a friendly forum !!

Just ordered a new 2.0 tdi sportback to replace my M3 - its a bit of a big change for me but I'm fed up of massive fuel bills, servicing cost depreciation etc etc...

I could have had a nearly new A4 demonstrator for the same cash as a sportback but I thought the sportback seemed quicker and was more fun to drive.

Hope I made the right choice...

Matt

Nice choice of car Matt, and welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

And i know where you are coming from with the fuel bills

[ QUOTE ]

I could have had a nearly new A4 demonstrator for the same cash as a sportback but I thought the sportback seemed quicker and was more fun to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome.

You're right in what you say, but a lot of us have complained about road noise in the A3, which is nowhere near as bad in the A4.

Apart from that, and the fact that you've ordered the wrong A3 with too many doors you're doing fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enjoy.

Welcome..

Would agree with with the road noise comment, but a lot comes down to tyre choice..

Whatever, its got those silver rings on the front! You'll enjoy it!

Thanks guys - I went for the sportback because it looks like a mini avant with the roof rails and you can have the opensky roof - no other reason, I don't need the space particularly.

I sat down and actually worked out what I was spending and that was that - I almost cried

Still, I'm actually really looking forward to the car and the tdi is not too shabby either - shifts a bit and with a remap should be good fun.

Never had an audi before - really surprised - makes my beemer interior look a bit second rate

Welcome to the forum... I've ordered the same as Co Car but now have the uhappy news that they have pushed the deiivery date from mid0Nv back t eary Jan'06.... BUMMMER!
When you expecting? Not the kid, the car!!!!
Any extras????
H

No idea when the car is due - I was told 10-12 weeks. I would be seriously unhappy at a wait until January - thats a long time