Alloys - OEM or Aftermarket Replica

alinnes

Reaction score
Hi, Have just got an '07 S-Line Tdi (170) and fortunately had a set of winter tyres in correct size that I managed to get onto the RS6 alloys it came with. So I'm now thinking of getting second set of wheels for the summer and was wondering if there's any massive benefit in getting some original Audi / Ronal alloys off ebay as opposed to replicas.

I quite fancy the TTRS 5 spoke Rotor style and can get a replica set for approx £350 vs £750 for original.

Thoughts please

It's down to choice.. You have an '07 S-Line, if I were you I wouldn't cheapen the look of the entire guy buy skimping out when it comes to alloys.

Reps are cheap and you won't get the same finish as OEMs

Hiya bud, don't think there's any massive benefits in getting OEM but if you can wait a little longer its definitely worth the wait IMO! Peace of mind and OEM finish are well worth the extra. :)

Hiya bud, don't think there's any massive benefits in getting OEM but if you can wait a little longer its definitely worth the wait IMO! Peace of mind and OEM finish are well worth the extra. :)

Ideally I'd prefer OEM, but all the ones I've seen listed on ebay etc.. seem to require refurbishment to some extent. So although a mint set of OEMs will clearly be better, I'm sort of thinking that new replicas should look as good as second hand original.

Anyone had either +ve or -ve experiences with replicas ?

I'd personally go OEM everytime as my frame of mind is, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it properly even if it costs a bit more. But that's just me.

I've heard some stories of replica's not being as strong of OEM's and cracking etc on large pot hols. On the other hand, there are a fair few people that have had no problems with them what-so-ever.

i'm in the boat at the moment i am looking for some 18 inch 7 double spoke ones for my a3 cab loads of replicas around but think its better to go with oem with the right offsets,etc thats what audi designed it for

Last edited: