Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 96
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My rather slow progress thread

  1. #1
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook

    My rather slow progress thread

    Hey guys... well after an eventful year with my 8L S3 that was involved in a big accident ending up being written off sadly i got my self a BWA egined A3 2.0 TQ 2007 8P2 Sportback model

    thats my old thread in the 8L section... My Rather Slow S3 minor modding thread!

    so neway after browsing the forum for a good 2 weeks; i had a few questions answered thanks to the "search function" :P
    and now for the list of mods to carry through

    On Order:
    -------------
    R8 Oil Cap -
    ECS magnetic sump plug and gearbox plug -
    Forge coolant hose kit -
    Forge catch can -
    Forge diverter valve kit -
    ITG Maxogen intake kit -
    S3 pedals - £118.58 for brake clutch and acc -
    S3 gear knob -
    S3 white leather hand brake
    S3 flat bottom multi-function Steering Wheel
    MY12 rear facelift taillights with adapter
    Rear Spoiler -
    Forge short shifter

    Planned

    Dual Surge Pump with 2000CC injectors
    WMI
    B14 bilstiens; with new top mounts and bearings
    H&R ARB's
    S3 front and rear bumpers
    Miltek turbo back exhuast
    GTX3076R with a nice titanium manifold and 3" DP
    Custom FMIC
    OZ Racing Ultralegerra 17" anthracite wheels
    Custom Map
    Tarox 6 pot big brake kit
    Neuspeed engine carbon cover

    however as of now; i really need to change that A3's looks as they are quite horrid S3 bumpers or so much nicer

    neway here are a few pics of her... hope you like it and big tank you to Waqi_92, ASH, a3_sline_TDi the very few with a few pics of how they went on with there conversions as for Sarah your front S3 bumper looks bloody amazing !













    here is a picture of my old baby she will be missed wish i still had her !!! getting the blues writing this and seeing the pic



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sevv; 19th January 2013 at 03:04.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    i have a few questions to ask sadly; couldn't find it or get a definitive answer searching all the threads im ordering MY 12 face-lift rear tail lights ; however i wanted to know if they would fit the existing rear bumper on the A3 or would i need an 8P3 bumper (wanting an S3 rear bumper /diffuser) ;

    another one is concerning the rear spoiler; getting them all from Audi (UK) off Mike at awesome gti would i have any issues fitting it to the A3 being a sport back all i could gather is drilling holes in boot (workshop would be doing that of course )

    lastly concerning that S3 dead pedal i found one however not sure if it fits as most of you lads using OSIR pedals neway here is the link...

    Original Audi DeadSport Dead Pedal Footrest Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P 8PA +Sportback | eBay

    it states it for the A3 S3 RS3 8P / Sport back ; has anyone tried them by any chance ?

  4. #3
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    any have any advice concerning these questions at all would be really greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light for me please

  5. #4
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    731
    What wheels are those on the S3?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  6. #5
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    What wheels are those on the S3?
    17" O.Z racing ultralegerra's in matt black planning the same ones in anthracite

  7. #6
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    731
    Thought so, they look great and even better in anthracite I bet I had Superleggeras on the Honda and they were light as a feather. Might have to price some Ultras up for my car.....
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  8. #7
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    Thought so, they look great and even better in anthracite I bet I had Superleggeras on the Honda and they were light as a feather. Might have to price some Ultras up for my car.....
    honestly i think there the best wheels and i would only consider them or BBS CH's

    not sure if there is cheaper but i know MIke @ awesomegti can price some up for you around 200-240 Pound mark /wheel they come in 17x7.5 or 17 x 8's which i had on the S3

  9. #8
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    731
    Cheers Sevv, I'm hunting around now for prices. I'd prefer to stick with 16s I think. On Performance Alloys.com® - Alloy Wheels - The Alloy Wheel Experts™ it comes to £181 per wheel. 17s start at £223 per wheel.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  10. #9
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    Cheers Sevv, I'm hunting around now for prices. I'd prefer to stick with 16s I think. On Performance Alloys.com® - Alloy Wheels - The Alloy Wheel Experts™ it comes to £181 per wheel. 17s start at £223 per wheel.
    i think 16's would look abit too small... i think but its up to you, i personally would go more then 17's fills the wheel ark nicely

  11. #10
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,289

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    i have a few questions to ask sadly; couldn't find it or get a definitive answer searching all the threads im ordering MY 12 face-lift rear tail lights ; however i wanted to know if they would fit the existing rear bumper on the A3 or would i need an 8P3 bumper (wanting an S3 rear bumper /diffuser) ;

    another one is concerning the rear spoiler; getting them all from Audi (UK) off Mike at awesome gti would i have any issues fitting it to the A3 being a sport back all i could gather is drilling holes in boot (workshop would be doing that of course )

    lastly concerning that S3 dead pedal i found one however not sure if it fits as most of you lads using OSIR pedals neway here is the link...

    Original Audi DeadSport Dead Pedal Footrest Audi A3 S3 RS3 8P 8PA +Sportback | eBay

    it states it for the A3 S3 RS3 8P / Sport back ; has anyone tried them by any chance ?
    right so the rear lights will work with the bumper you currently have so no need to worry about that.

    the spoiler can be fitted without drilling, read here for how i fitted mine which is still stuck on very nicely and looks like it was there from factory : Sportback spoiler fitting

    most of us here have used the cheap ebay dead pedal as osir version is expensive for what it is... some have modified the ebay one and added some rubber which doesnt look too bad, although the osir one is still very nice.
    here is the ebay one: AUDI S3 A3 ST VAG ALLOY FOOTREST PEDAL GTI TURBO FSI | eBay

    here is the thread with the modified ones too: A3 Dead Pedal

    as for the original one you posted im pretty sure thats for lhd cars as they have a wider dead pedal than us
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

    Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread


  12. #11
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    right so the rear lights will work with the bumper you currently have so no need to worry about that.

    the spoiler can be fitted without drilling, read here for how i fitted mine which is still stuck on very nicely and looks like it was there from factory : Sportback spoiler fitting

    most of us here have used the cheap ebay dead pedal as osir version is expensive for what it is... some have modified the ebay one and added some rubber which doesnt look too bad, although the osir one is still very nice.
    here is the ebay one: AUDI S3 A3 ST VAG ALLOY FOOTREST PEDAL GTI TURBO FSI | eBay

    here is the thread with the modified ones too: A3 Dead Pedal

    as for the original one you posted im pretty sure thats for lhd cars as they have a wider dead pedal than us
    thank Ash really appreciate it mate; so as mine is a sport back i just need to remove the boot liner and remove the brake light and thats that as i saw in your thread

  13. #12
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,289

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Yh remove the brake light but most important are the 3 lugs on the bottom of the spoiler... One on each side and one in the middle. I snapped off the end ones and kept the middle one and then used that middle one to secure the spoiler in position where the old boot light was.
    After I was happy that it would fit ok I took the spoiler off the car, applied the tiger seal and the screwed it back into place and held it down with some masking tape... Left it for 24 hours and then that was it.

    Hope that made sense
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

    Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread


  14. #13
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    minor update... fitted the gearknob and pedals.. soon to come are face lift tail lights spoiler leather handbrake and OEM LED number plate bulbs




  15. #14
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    well its been a few months of waiting for parts to arrive from ECS and AwesomeGTI but finally got them.... here are a few pictures...

    got my Bilstein PSS9's
    Superpro light alloy control arms and anti lift kit
    HR sway bars
    ECS Dogbone insert .. wished i got the vibra technics ones instead
    got the Aluminium matt mirror housings
    Rear Facelift tail lights
    Rear OEM LED number plate lights
    BE S3 grill
    Front rear Bumpers with Spoiler (big thanks to Ash for the part numbers!)

    to do list...
    get it all fitted ...but need time..
    OZ 18-9 OZ racing ultraleggera Anthracite
    S3 intercooler, discharge pipe
    Miltek Full turboback exhaust
    Loba Clutch and fuel pump with a map.. before getting the injectors DV and turbo fitted
    FBMFSW

    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #15
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Hi...I missed this thread.

    Thats a nice selection of parts,and the suspension upgrades will make a big difference,but while it's in bits,it's worth getting the suspension bushes changed as well.

    I see you're planning on fitting a GTX3076 to your car.....I'm guessing you're having the engine rebuilt,as it's not going to be worth the costs otherwise,but whatever you choose,good luck!

  17. #16
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Hi...I missed this thread.

    Thats a nice selection of parts,and the suspension upgrades will make a big difference,but while it's in bits,it's worth getting the suspension bushes changed as well.

    I see you're planning on fitting a GTX3076 to your car.....I'm guessing you're having the engine rebuilt,as it's not going to be worth the costs otherwise,but whatever you choose,good luck!
    yeah an engine rebuild with a ported head would be nice.. even been dabbling with idea of a TTRS engine but not sure how that would work would probably need a box to with as well as the loom...

    as for the bushes which ones would you recommend changing i was told i didnt need to change the bushes as they werent worn ... i usually like to get the polyurethane bushes.. what would you recommend

  18. #17
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    yeah an engine rebuild with a ported head would be nice.. even been dabbling with idea of a TTRS engine but not sure how that would work would probably need a box to with as well as the loom...

    as for the bushes which ones would you recommend changing i was told i didnt need to change the bushes as they werent worn ... i usually like to get the polyurethane bushes.. what would you recommend
    TTRS engine would require a shed load of work,but as with anything automotive,if you have the money....

    I used the Superpro polyurethane bushes,and the do tighten it up and add feel.

    If you are even considering a GTX3076,then you really need to rebuild the bottom end at least,as the A3's rods simply are not up to that....even the S3 rods will only reliably run around 440lbs before a rebuild is neccessary.

  19. #18
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    TTRS engine would require a shed load of work,but as with anything automotive,if you have the money....

    I used the Superpro polyurethane bushes,and the do tighten it up and add feel.

    If you are even considering a GTX3076,then you really need to rebuild the bottom end at least,as the A3's rods simply are not up to that....even the S3 rods will only reliably run around 440lbs before a rebuild is neccessary.
    yeah most likely will be IE tuscan rods ported head with supertec valves and springs and arp head botls not sure about the rings and big end bearings at this stage but should be suffice for 500 550 hp im hoping

  20. #19
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    yeah most likely will be IE tuscan rods ported head with supertec valves and springs and arp head botls not sure about the rings and big end bearings at this stage but should be suffice for 500 550 hp im hoping
    With those internals,the build should certainly be tough enough,but I think that anything more than 550bhp would be into the territory of a Sorensen intake manifold,extra injectors and an off-board ECU.

    I'm not sure what fuel pump arrangements you have in mind,but USP Motorsports make an uprated in-tank pump for the A3(the S3's is already capable of 440bhp,but the A3's isnt)and above that,an auxiliary pump which will take the entire system to around 600bhp worth of flow.

    Mine currently runs a bit over 500bhp on a GT3071,with WMI,and I would strongly recommend factoring a WMI system into the build if you havent already.

    My next items are a GTX3076,and a Quaife diff and a few other bits,as getting 500bhp+ onto the road with an open diff is interesting.

  21. #20
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    With those internals,the build should certainly be tough enough,but I think that anything more than 550bhp would be into the territory of a Sorensen intake manifold,extra injectors and an off-board ECU.

    I'm not sure what fuel pump arrangements you have in mind,but USP Motorsports make an uprated in-tank pump for the A3(the S3's is already capable of 440bhp,but the A3's isnt)and above that,an auxiliary pump which will take the entire system to around 600bhp worth of flow.

    Mine currently runs a bit over 500bhp on a GT3071,with WMI,and I would strongly recommend factoring a WMI system into the build if you havent already.

    My next items are a GTX3076,and a Quaife diff and a few other bits,as getting 500bhp+ onto the road with an open diff is interesting.
    i have factored WMI in the build however been told that corrosion starts to occur long -term inside the engine using WMI ...

    as for the fuel pump im looking at getting the LOBA pump the guys in australia think its a pain in the ass to put one intank .. personally that would be my prefered option and logical choice

    had a quaiffe front and rear diff on my 8L S3 trust me the feeling is great you go through 120 degree bends at 100km/h its quite fun to know you wont break traction esp with our especially understeering cars .. when pushed

  22. #21
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    i have factored WMI in the build however been told that corrosion starts to occur long -term inside the engine using WMI ...

    as for the fuel pump im looking at getting the LOBA pump the guys in australia think its a pain in the ass to put one intank .. personally that would be my prefered option and logical choice

    had a quaiffe front and rear diff on my 8L S3 trust me the feeling is great you go through 120 degree bends at 100km/h its quite fun to know you wont break traction esp with our especially understeering cars .. when pushed
    I've had Quaife diffs before on my Escort,and as you say,the difference is amazing.

    I've never seen any conclusive evidence of corrosion relating to WMI use,but in practice,the amount of time the system is on is usually pretty short.

    The Loba HPFP would be ideal,but you still need to address the low pressure end of the system,as it tops out way before an uprated HPFP,and the USP kit works well for that.
    Some poeple are using RS3 or RS6 pumps for the LP end,but lots of reports of setup problems.

  23. #22
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I've had Quaife diffs before on my Escort,and as you say,the difference is amazing.

    I've never seen any conclusive evidence of corrosion relating to WMI use,but in practice,the amount of time the system is on is usually pretty short.

    The Loba HPFP would be ideal,but you still need to address the low pressure end of the system,as it tops out way before an uprated HPFP,and the USP kit works well for that.
    Some poeple are using RS3 or RS6 pumps for the LP end,but lots of reports of setup problems.
    thanks allot .. ill make sure to get it then along witht eh LOBA one... been meaning to ask if i change pumps to the LOBA one without a map. will the car be running rich at all ? as i read conflict reports on LOBA stating its just plug and play depending how far you push the accelerator

  24. #23
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    thanks allot .. ill make sure to get it then along witht eh LOBA one... been meaning to ask if i change pumps to the LOBA one without a map. will the car be running rich at all ? as i read conflict reports on LOBA stating its just plug and play depending how far you push the accelerator
    The Loba ought to be pretty much plug and play,assuming the engine is mapped to Stg2+ or above,i.e. mapping specific to an uprated pump and other parts.

    Drop a line to Simon at Loba if you need help.

    Take a close look at www.uspmotorsports.com to see what they have,and drop a line to Gregg Alper for advice prior to buying.

    gregg@uspmotorsports.com

    You'll find excellent service and support.

  25. #24
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The Loba ought to be pretty much plug and play,assuming the engine is mapped to Stg2+ or above,i.e. mapping specific to an uprated pump and other parts.

    Drop a line to Simon at Loba if you need help.

    Take a close look at www.uspmotorsports.com to see what they have,and drop a line to Gregg Alper for advice prior to buying.

    gregg@uspmotorsports.com

    You'll find excellent service and support.
    yes sure will drop him a line... getting the turbo of them hopefully.. as for the pumps i might been lead to believe its plug and play without a map

  26. #25
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    yes sure will drop him a line... getting the turbo of them hopefully.. as for the pumps i might been lead to believe its plug and play without a map
    OK.....either way,it's a good pump,and USP Motorsports really impressed me with their help,speed of replies,and quick delivery.

  27. #26
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    SMALL UPDATE: got the white stick handbrake leather cover, along with A3 8P3 BE air vents... a while back fitted my forge short shifter and ITG magoxen kit and S3 matt alu housings... , also have the engine bay a shower with a painting brush along with tar remover

    though id put a photo of my clean engine bay...



    however i found this leak which pissed me right off its around the area under the HPFP towards the back of the bay..



  28. #27
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    So as many of you may know Audi buggered my engine so.. had no choice but an excuse for a full engine rebuild


    while i was at it thought id put an LSD, strengthen the bearing synchros , selector fork, and main shaft

    get RS4 injectors and fuel regulator , USP intank fuel pump

    GT35 that is sat at home will go on

    Vibra Technics engine mounts

    THS FMIC

    WMI

    Clutch : NO IDEA what will handle the toque ill be putting out around 600ish ...

    Changing all the bushes and slapping the suspension on

    and finally slap the new TSW nuburgring wheel and S3 body kit on

    Cost: 12,000 AUD

    Time 3-4 months am i crying yes i am.. so for starters i took the crank pulley off and inspected the crankshaft here are a few pics..



  29. #28
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Hi Sevv,

    Once it's done it will be mighty.

    You're going to absolutely love the results,I can promise you.

  30. #29
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Hi Sevv,

    Once it's done it will be mighty.

    You're going to absolutely love the results,I can promise you.
    i hope so my aim is to have it back before december given the delays...

    im still waiting for a call from Audi australia.. since ive sent them the engine report...

    workshop is telling me that ill have massive turbo lag as the turbo kicks in around 4k rpm so not sure im thinking maybe sell it and go something smaller? what do you think

    i think there is a new GTX2876R that spools at 2-2.5k rpm basically almost like a K04, or go for the gtx3076r it will spool at 3.5k rpm

  31. #30
    turbonutz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    393
    jesus sevv that's a completely different car u have there, toooo much money u guys have :P

  32. #31
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    not really mate.. i was supposed to pay my car off by december... not rebuild the whole car unfortunately... it will be a fun car though at the end of it and will deserve the S3 badge

  33. #32
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    been a while since i updated this thread.. had a raft of parts come in ill have a few pictures up for the engine internals from IE as they are sat at the workshop.. however i got these small bits today

    though i must say these injectors dont look OEM to me and im worried about the flow rates and whether they are good OEM quality maybe some one can elaborate the parts came from USP motorsports



    AND.... these are the injectors i fear just caused me some problems as the workshop tells me its a risk to fit them esp. when they didn't come in the VW box, neither have the part number, or the VAG symbol on the injector plug.. though i must say on there
    website it stats "original equipment supplier" with part number: 079906036D ...


    RS4 FSI Fuel Injectors (set of 4)



    Last edited by Sevv; 22nd October 2013 at 09:23.

  34. #33
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    still waiting on other bits and bobs to come my way from Awesome GTI..

    the loba 600 nm clutch kit
    Autotech HPFP
    cam followers
    R8 coil pack , and plugs
    fuel filter etc...
    THS FR3 complete engine mounting kit
    RS4 FPR
    S3Alex likes this.

  35. #34
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Hi mate...

    The injectors look correct,but as you say,there's no packing to support that.

    However,the additional pump I bought from USP arrived on time,and worked perfectly,so I can vouch for that side of their operation,and have no reason to expect any less now.

  36. #35
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Hi mate...

    The injectors look correct,but as you say,there's no packing to support that.

    However,the additional pump I bought from USP arrived on time,and worked perfectly,so I can vouch for that side of their operation,and have no reason to expect any less now.

    Well i hope that likewise ill have no problems as i don't want to change my engine again its HELL ON EARTH haha thats why im worried and i want to know they are OEM but doesn't seem so sadly could have just plucked them out of awesome gti instead

  37. #36
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    Well i hope that likewise ill have no problems as i don't want to change my engine again its HELL ON EARTH haha thats why im worried and i want to know they are OEM but doesn't seem so sadly could have just plucked them out of awesome gti instead
    I can see your worry there.

    Have you tried dropping Greg Alper a line and finding out why they come minus OEM packing?

    Also FWIW,their reviews are consistently good.

  38. #37
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I can see your worry there.

    Have you tried dropping Greg Alper a line and finding out why they come minus OEM packing?

    Also FWIW,their reviews are consistently good.

    ill try too i dealt with Jesse Poole<jesse@uspmotorsports.com>

    ill try to send him an email also to see why this has happened... ill call them tomorrow morning as emails are some how redundant at times.

    i hope it all pans out well as i don't want it to be running lean or rich.. all that starvation issue and when its on boost can be catastrophic


  39. #38
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    ill try too i dealt with Jesse Poole<jesse@uspmotorsports.com>

    ill try to send him an email also to see why this has happened... ill call them tomorrow morning as emails are some how redundant at times.

    i hope it all pans out well as i don't want it to be running lean or rich.. all that starvation issue and when its on boost can be catastrophic

    Absolutely,but any problems with fuelling should be apparent when the car is being set up initially.

    If you have any problems getting through to Jesse,try Gregg,who was very quick getting back to me.

    Rich is obviously a lot safer,and to be honest,mine does run a bit rich,and we found recently that when there was a throttle body problem,it was overfuelling by about 20% at 480bhp,so there was quite a margin.

  40. #39
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,237

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Absolutely,but any problems with fuelling should be apparent when the car is being set up initially.

    If you have any problems getting through to Jesse,try Gregg,who was very quick getting back to me.

    Rich is obviously a lot safer,and to be honest,mine does run a bit rich,and we found recently that when there was a throttle body problem,it was overfuelling by about 20% at 480bhp,so there was quite a margin.
    yeah thats quite allot of overfuelling to be honest..

    just got off the phone with awesome and i wanted to ask you is you miltek catback resonated or non resonated, im debating as its quite a price hike from £290 - £360 pounds so £70 difference between the two.. im just concerned about droning and whether it will be loud as i dont like loud hehe maybe you could grace us with a quick recording of your perhaps ?

  41. #40
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    yeah thats quite allot of overfuelling to be honest..

    just got off the phone with awesome and i wanted to ask you is you miltek catback resonated or non resonated, im debating as its quite a price hike from £290 - £360 pounds so £70 difference between the two.. im just concerned about droning and whether it will be loud as i dont like loud hehe maybe you could grace us with a quick recording of your perhaps ?
    Mine is pretty loud...it's decat/non-res.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TQS progress thread, From STD-Scroll-Eliminator.
    By Broken Byzan in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 643
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 15:14
  2. My slow but sure progress thread..
    By BradHatton in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 5th April 2013, 18:52
  3. A very slow but sure, A3 progress thread
    By PauliM in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 1st April 2013, 11:20
  4. My Rather Slow S3 minor modding thread!
    By Sevv in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 22nd October 2012, 04:36
  5. MrTackalakalaka's very SLOW S3 Progress Thread
    By MrTackalakalaka in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 14th October 2012, 09:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO