Painting break calipers..... Whos done it and how to do it......

I

imported_tobycruse

Has anyone on here painted there break calipers and if so whats the best way of doing it?? I know you have to get them really clean before but whats the best way to do this?? Any tips here would be really helpful.

Also what is everyones thought on painting the calipers?? Good / bad ????

There's plenty of discussion on this topic, have a search round.

But its easy, buy a kit which includes cleaner and two pack PU paint.

Really difficult thing is

deciding what colour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

It will be one of the first jobs I do on the car, just use hammerite smooth, I did mine about 18 months ago on this car and had no problems

Years ago when I had a 405 I painted the calipers (and rear drums) yellow with the Foltec kit. The kit comprises of cleaner , the colour and hardner.

With everything it's all down to preparation. If I remember right I put the car on axle stands, took all the wheels off and rubbed down the calipers with a wire brush. I then dusted them off and used the cleaner that came in the kit. Mix the hardner and paint together. I then started on one corner, done one coat, went to the next corner down the first coat. I done this to all of them, by the time I got round to the first one it was ready for a second coat. I kept on going round like this until I used all the paint up.

Scott