Headlight Change

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I bought my car, it came with stupid halo BMW style headlights and I've finally got round to purchasing some OEM Halogens to replace them. Wanted Xenons but they're too much £££ for me atm.

Just wondering, is it a bumper off jobby? If so, that's not a problem as I know there's a guide on here on removing the bumper to replace the grille.
Also, once the bumper is off, how many bits is there to unscrew etc on the actual headlight to get it out?

Thanks

Yes bumper off to remove the headlights then once bumper is off there is 3 bolts for each headlight holding them in, once there undone they will just come out.

Cheers for that mate. Doesn't sound like a hard job once the bumper is off.

Is there absolutely no way of doing it with the bumper on?

No way what so ever am afraid, bumper off job isn't too difficult anyways.

No way what so ever am afraid, bumper off job isn't too difficult anyways.

No worries. Going to have a crack at it Saturday morning.

Fourtitude.com - DIY: front bumper removal and blackout grille install

This looks like a good guide for the bumper removal, i have mine to do this weekend to replace the grill and add my front splitter on :)

Cheers for the guide matey, there's a few more pictures than the guide I was looking at which should help. What grille you changing to?

Dont remove the whole bolts down inside the front carrier/headlight bracket, just undo them enough to remove the headlights, allot easier.

Im putting a Honey comb front grill on (Y)

If i get around to it i will try get some pics up :)

Whats that got to do with headlight changing lol.

Dont remove the whole bolts down inside the front carrier/headlight bracket, just undo them enough to remove the headlights, allot easier.

Whats that got to do with headlight changing lol.

I'll bear that in mind, anything to make it a bit easier and not take me all day! It's because I asked him a bit up the page Nigel :p

Im putting a Honey comb front grill on (Y)

If i get around to it i will try get some pics up :)

Yeh, get some pics up when you've done it, should look good. Been toying with the idea of getting an Black surround Optics grill for mine but need to spend money on more important things like the cambelt :(

It's because I asked him a bit up the page Nigel :p

My bad, apologies mate, didnt see that, but if he can open a new thread that would better than clogging up this one please :)