Downpipe question for s3

g dawg

Reaction score
Will a miltec or other aftermarket downpipe fit the oem exhaust has anyone done this?

Yes milltek does you need to fit a Reducer to do it

Yea seen someone on here with it who said it was a touch louder with a few little pops on the over run,
I wouldn't mind just doing this for now.

BCS Automotive will be doing one very shortly, I`m heading down there tomorrow to have one fabricated, Downpipe and 200 cell sports cat along with the joining section.

Let us know how it sounds and if you feel any difference
Thanks

This is exactly what I'm doing OP. eBay DP and decat (From Chester99 on here) onto the OEM cat back with a reducer. I've read and read and it seems that Milltek etc are a bit noisy, even with a resonator box which is something I'm not too keen on as I don't drive the thing much but when I do it's often motorway journeys.

I have done this to my s3, I have a milltek downpipe and sports car, with a straight 70mm pipe with a reducer fitting to the standard system! With a stage 2 map! It is a little louder and I do get a few pops when cold.

Does the down pipe just go down to the cat?
Is there a lamba sensor in front of the cat?
Will fitting just the down pipe put the engine warning light?
And if fitted a de-cat pipe will that put the engine warning on?

The original downpipe and CAT are one piece, the BCS one that I have had fitted comes in 3 pieces, downpipe, CAT and joining section. You have two lamba sensors one in front and one behind the CAT, I have just driven 250 miles with a 200cell CAT with no warning light coming on but they assure me at BCS that de-cat pipe will bring on the engine light and even a 100cell can bring on the light unless you get a stage 2 map done.

BCS took photos of mine after fitting I`am sure they would sent you the pics if you asked, they were pretty sound nige@bcsautomotive.co.uk

I also have the BCS downpipe and sports cat on my 2.0 A3 - I'm on stage 2.0 blufin. The engine warning light came on the next day and stayed on until I had the map updated. Its actually pretty quiet but there is a little more cabin vibration. Happy with the result - I wasn't really looking for noise. AMD Woking fitted mine and they were impressed with the quality.

My warning light has not came on yet!! but the car is booked in for stage 2 Revo next week anyway.

I paid £525 inc vat, that was a price he was offering to forum members.

Looks good,
so you just going to drive around with engine warning light on or you going to go stage 2?
How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?