Recommended ECU remapping in Yorkshire?

Bramley

Reaction score
Have you any recommendations of a good place to get a remap done preferably in Yorkshire?

Cheers

Talk to N8 at Kowalski Details, he's a shark dealer & good maps.

Cheers, What do you think to the Shark SPS things??

Also have you or anyone heard of JJB Motors in York??

I'm from york and had my car serviced, Cambelt and water pump done at JJb's.
Jonny the owner is a nice guy and certainly knows what he is doing on the service side of things, don't know about re mapping.
I enquired with him about DPF removal and mapping and he quoted me £800 which I thinks on the pricey side personally compared to a lot of other places.
Like NHN says, talk to N8 and there is other members. I'm taking mine to unicorn in Manchester on Friday.

I'm from york and had my car serviced, Cambelt and water pump done at JJb's.
Jonny the owner is a nice guy and certainly knows what he is doing on the service side of things, don't know about re mapping.
I enquired with him about DPF removal and mapping and he quoted me £800 which I thinks on the pricey side personally compared to a lot of other places.
Like NHN says, talk to N8 and there is other members. I'm taking mine to unicorn in Manchester on Friday.

Wow that is pricey! They are calling me tomorrow with a remap price.

What would you say is the best software - I.e Revo, APR, Shark??

Ill let the more experienced members answer that.

Yeah I thought it was pricey too. Are you from york?

Ye, well just outside, on the A59 towards Harrogate.

The SHARK STS is a great little tool.
Handy for map swapping and dead easy to use.

As for maps themselves, I have had SHARK and REVO and TBH there is nothing in it, both are excellent products with healthy gains IMO.

REVO has the SPS which allows tweaks to the settings, SHARK STS allows easy DIY installation, basic diagnostics and map switching.
Both have good aftersales in my experience.

Although I am a bit of a SHARK convert recently, I would go for the cheapest on the day, unless going wacky like S3Alex has with 500+bhp tuning plans then REVO arguably has the edge to support more extreme tuning currently.

Good luck
Paul

The SHARK STS is a great little tool.
Handy for map swapping and dead easy to use.

As for maps themselves, I have had SHARK and REVO and TBH there is nothing in it, both are excellent products with healthy gains IMO.

REVO has the SPS which allows tweaks to the settings, SHARK STS allows easy DIY installation, basic diagnostics and map switching.
Both have good aftersales in my experience.

Although I am a bit of a SHARK convert recently, I would go for the cheapest on the day, unless going wacky like S3Alex has with 500+bhp tuning plans then REVO arguably has the edge to support more extreme tuning currently.

Good luck
Paul

cheers, I don't have any plans to upgrade majorly. So you think just a decent local mapper will do?

cheers, I don't have any plans to upgrade majorly. So you think just a decent local mapper will do?

If going the custom Indy route then I would make a choice based on testimonials and peoples personals experience.
I know some one who had great results (dyno proven on a 3rd party rollers) from a £299 local tuners map, so bargains are out there.
You will unlikely have map tweaking/switching options with a cheaper map though.

Good luck
Paul

Just to throw GNJ a quick mention, they are also shark dealers and customer service is spot on from what I've experienced and heard from my VXR days. It's near Blackburn so not a million miles away from you.

That said, I haven't got a clue where N8 is based.