does the cambelt vibration damper need changing on bkd?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Im on about the shocker absorber/damper where the cambelt is fitted (if bkd engine has this) is it better buy genuine parts/waterpump from audi ? im getting em done by local mechanic. Its been exactly 5 years and 42k later im sure it needs doing now as its been 5 years,even though it aint done the miles,genuine or non genuine?

you can buy a complete kit now that has of these parts in, Personally I change everything in teh timing belt loop, always buy Genuine timing belts/kits, cheap rubbish are not worth it.
I've Always used Gates products over the years, if you need help getting part numbers give Gary a call on there technical line 0844 980 0062, he knows his stuff.

thanks,il buy from audi i think,like you say not worth it over a few quid,Hopefully mechanic will not loosen the 3 top pulley(torsion value bolts) But as the belts coming off its wise to check the torsion value via vcds or do the bolts just have to be in the center? or before taking the belt off,is it easier to find out when the locking pins are fitted?
you can buy a complete kit now that has of these parts in, Personally I change everything in teh timing belt loop, always buy Genuine timing belts/kits, cheap rubbish are not worth it.
I've Always used Gates products over the years, if you need help getting part numbers give Gary a call on there technical line 0844 980 0062, he knows his stuff.

im not on about alternator damper.