EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

What should I be boosting at Stage 2 Shark?

Im seeing 1.2 bar across the rev range(constant), until very late 6k rpm, here it does a quick peak to 1.5 bar.

I thought I read some where that it should be 1.5bar constant?
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    If I remember(and I may well be wrong on this),the K04 is pretty much at it's limts trying to hold 1.5bar constantly,and if you consider that a GT3071 won't go much over 2bar,you can see why.

Status
    If this link works.

Dyno results.

Stage 2 Dyno S3 photo by mjr901 | Photobucket

(No DSG map)
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

5th Gear

Status
    you should be pushing at least 300ft from stage 2. Something seems to holds it back? Mine was doing simmilar with stage 1 + intake and exhaust accordingly to the graph

Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    Cars showing no faults either and runs well so it's either an intake issue or mapping I should think.

Status
    Why would my torque reading be quite low? I haven't had DSG map but still think it should be higher.

Essentially my torque figures at stage 2 match yours at Revo stage 1!

+ I'm 15bhp off stage 1 Revo at stage 2 shark level.

hmmmmmm not good at all....
    Last edited by mjr901; 16th January 2013 at 13:44.

5th Gear

Status
    but you do have stage 2 shark with dsg fix to overwrite torque limiter dont you? it could be map/intake or dyno lottery yet values are way off tbh.

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    Yes I have the updated shark patch map which got rid of the pause after each gear change.

Was your stage 1 map "generic" or was it logged etc and done properly?

My shark map was simply uploaded in about 8 mins and I was on my way. no custom tweaks etc.

5th Gear

Status
    with my revo stage 1 was only uploaded and that was it no rolling road nor did they do any tweaking, with stage 2 AMD guys did all tweaking and tbh now car feels much more refined and somehow smoother yet punchier.
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 16th January 2013 at 15:04.

Now:

4th Gear

Status
    I've just thought as well from looking at the two plots, mjr yours is at the wheel but Red yours isn't stated. Could the difference just be power at the wheels versus power at the flywheel?
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    I've just thought as well from looking at the two plots, mjr yours is at the wheel but Red yours isn't stated. Could the difference just be power at the wheels versus power at the flywheel?
    this is very possible Daggerit! Mine is clearly at the flywheel reading from the power figures.

Now:

Status
    Just had the car dyno'd again with the twintercooler.

now 337bhp, 295 p/ft.

Status
    Dyno + Forge Twintercooler Development for the facelift 8P's.

linky---> Stage 2 dyno S3 + forge development twintercooler. photo by mjr901 | Photobucket

you might have to scroll through the pictures to find new results.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Im seeing 1.2 bar across the rev range(constant), until very late 6k rpm, here it does a quick peak to 1.5 bar.

I thought I read some where that it should be 1.5bar constant?
    Too many variables, mate. It could be pulling back on the boost due to timing pull, fuel rail pressures, etc. Remember you're only seeing what the car is achieving in terms of boost, not what the map is asking for.

You need to get a good WOT 4th gear run logged on the road to get a useful set of data (particularly requested vs actual boost/fuel pressures and timing) to plot/compare along a rev range.

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Too many variables, mate. It could be pulling back on the boost due to timing pull, fuel rail pressures, etc. Remember you're only seeing what the car is achieving in terms of boost, not what the map is asking for.

You need to get a good WOT 4th gear run logged on the road to get a useful set of data (particularly requested vs actual boost/fuel pressures and timing) to plot/compare along a rev range.
    yep I'm gonna log results when I get my car back if I can pinch the machine from a local mate.

Getting withdrawal symptoms now, been almost 2 weeks @ forge!