Blackview

southylad

Reaction score
How much do the blackview cameras and do they detect movement and automatically record footage? Does it move itself to record movement?

Sorry but don't touch that with a barge pole. It's a cheap imitation of the Blackvue cameras. You'll just end up wasting your money as it will break. It's exactly like buying a cheap VCDS cable.

If you want the real deal which quite a few people have on AudiSport my company sells a range of cameras including Blackvue.

Take a look here -> In Car Cameras | Advanced In Car Technologies

The Blackvue DR380 is by far the most popular camera. It will do exactly what you originally posted if you team it up with the Power Magic Pro.

Reactions: sidibear and K.A
It was more of an informative link, so he can see what it claims to be able to do, not an advisory to buy.

How much do the blackview cameras and do they detect movement and automatically record footage? Does it move itself to record movement?

Blackvue has a handy parking mode feature so if anyone hits you whilst parked you should have a nice clear record of their numberplate.

I had one of these installed for a few months along with a smart power battery monitor, it will not allow the battery to drain to below a certain point so there wont be enough power to start the car, no problems with it, even though at the moment I am suffering from parasitic battery drain (another thread) has nothing to do with the Blackvue

Does the installation of one of these systems have any effect on the price of your insurance if you declare it to the insurer (e.g. does it bring it down?)

Not sure, I never made enquires regarding that I would think it would only be minimal if it did, but a saving is a saving no matter how much :yum:

Used this for 2 years , never let me down and never had a flat battery.

Does the installation of one of these systems have any effect on the price of your insurance if you declare it to the insurer (e.g. does it bring it down?)

I believe Adrian Flux offer a 15% discount but I've never enquired myself - I feel that too much might rest on having the camera in operation (ie if you suffered a fault with it or simply forgot to switch it on and had an accident would they refuse to pay out??)

It's really dependent on the insurer at the moment. Brokers such as Adrian Flux will give you 15% off but remember that 15% off their brokerage fee and not the actual premium.

I would always keep quiet about DashCams if I'm honest. Let 3rd parties hang themselves and make lies up. When your insurer comes to ask for your account you can then show proof of what actually happened...

Reactions: Jet2004uk
Hi

Yes you can get upto 15% discount for having one of the approved cams fitted but I would advise you would need to have it turned on as this is the reason you would be getting a discount. The discount doesnt come off the broker fee, it comes of the premium and if we couldnt get the rate down there may be the odd time we reduce our fee so at least you get some sort of discount. I agree with some of the commets above, great tool to have if someone hits your car and if they try to lie they will not have a leg to stand on if the matter goes further.

Regards

Dan