Had my S3 7 days and....

Nathan_jones2002

Reaction score
I'm already in limp mode.

Driving to work today, I've got a message on the dash saying ESP fault see manual.

There is also an EPC(i think) light on as well as the traction control light.

The manual says take it to an authorised service centre without delay.

Is this a serious fault, any ideas what it could be.

Scan with vcds or take back to selling dealer, could lift & check the abs sensors are all plugged in ok.

I will scan with my OBD scanner when I get home from work at 11pm and see if anything comes up.

The dealer I bought from is 70miles away all motorway, I don't fancy doing that trip in limp mode.

its got 12months audi warranty so I'll see what they say at my closest audi dealer.

Limp mode and a 70 mile journey doesn't sound fun, shame I've got to do it Friday lol york to Manchester in limp mode!

Can't wait, not!

get it recovered there by the aa or similar!
its un fit to drive, a safety hazard and will strengthen your case if its serious!

If there's a serious problem and you've driven 70 miles to the dealer with these lights on, they will use that as an excuse not too pay! Take it to your local!

Call Audi Road Side assistance (or whatever it's called) tell them the problem and they'll take it to the dealer for you. I'm sure it's all part of the 1st years Audi warranty.

if you have a years worth of audi warranty, can you not take it in to your local audi service centre?
or is 70 miles away your local :s

My local is about 20 miles away.

Im going to ring roadside tomorrow...

Hopefully it is something simple.

If it was an approved Used Audi it would of come with 1 years RAC Recovery so phone them up and get them out. He will plug it in and see whats up with it and if unsafe to drive then he should sort out pick up of the car.

Just got out of work, car wasn't in limp mode. Just the traction control light and ESP fault warning.

i got home, switched off and switched back on and all was fine. No lights, no limp mode, no warnings. Went for a test drive and the car is spot on. In fact it's performance suprised me.

Get it checked anyway & if you want to keep an eye on it, have vcds handy :)

Get it checked anyway & if you want to keep an eye on it, have vcds handy :)

I'll keep an eye out, people say its probably a sensor that had a bit of crap on it. Think there is a guy where I work with VCDS so I'm ok that way.

cheers for the help.

Had similar issues with my mother-in-laws A3 170 TDi.
turned out to be the ABS pump.

Ive had an ESP fault come up before after using it in the snow with the system on. Came up on the dash then went away and was never to be seen again!

Ive had an ESP fault come up before after using it in the snow with the system on. Came up on the dash then went away and was never to be seen again!

i had the car in at audi as it came up again... Turns out it was throttle body... They tried re calibrating it but needed a new one... All done under warranty.