Just Ordered Bluefin For The S3

Ben2487

Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't rate the Bluefin at all but my current circumstances warrant it, as I work away a lot and living in west wales wont have time to drive up to revo dealership to get a revo map, at least this way when I'm home I can just chuck it on and away to go, I was looking at buying the revo induction kit first but I thought for less money I can get more power so why not,
Mind I will probably buy an induction kit before I'm home aswell for a bit more grunt,

And if I decide to go stage 2 then I will sell it and then get a revo map but that wont be for a long time.
And surely any modding is better than nothing lol

SHARK has the same Self mapping tool as Bluefin and the gains are excellent, at least as good as REVO.
Feels every bit of the quoted 310bhp. The car has responded amazingly to the recently fitted Milltek too.

Has an upgrade path too, I am looking at moving to Stage 2 from Stage 1.
Costs £100 to upgrade.

If you have ordered the Bluefin online or over the phone you can return within 7days if not happy IIRC.

Cheers
Paul

SHARK has the same Self mapping tool as Bluefin and the gains are excellent, at least as good as REVO.
Feels every bit of the quoted 310bhp. The car has responded amazingly to the recently fitted Milltek too.

Has an upgrade path too, I am looking at moving to Stage 2 from Stage 1.
Costs £100 to upgrade.

If you have ordered the Bluefin online or over the phone you can return within 7days if not happy IIRC.

Cheers
Paul

Only trouble I wont be home for a few weeks to 7 day guarantee is out the window lol,
How much did you pay for the SHARK ?
Bluefin is £372 delivered.

Ben, I had bluefin on my MkV golf Gti and loved it. The handheld loader is really useful for switching maps. I know Shark is highly rated but with the SPS it's also a fair bit more expensive. I don't think you will be disappointed mate but keep us posted. I'm considering getting the S3 stg1 map but they want £299 for the new map! I think that's a bit much considering I've already bought the loader.

There was an offer on at the time so paid £400 all in.

Drop Nathan (N8) or Graeme (GNJ Motorsport) or one the other SHARK dealers a line and see what deals are on or coming up.

I looked at Bluefin but £372 is only cheap if you actually get any gains.

Hopefully it works out for you mate but the danger is you pay £372..... Then a couple of months later you are stumping up another £500 ish for a product that yields really big gains.
Then £372 doesnt seem that cheap.

That was my logic when I mapped my first S3, although tempted by Bluefin, I ended up tipping up near £600 for REVO and to be honest, glad I did. I went SHARK this time around as they basically the deal was too good to pass up.
Glad I did.:icon_thumright:

Good luck
Paul

There was an offer on at the time so paid £400 all in.

I looked at Bluefin but £372 is only cheap if you actually get any gains.

Paul

I'm sure there will be some gains,
I originally was looking at a pedal box so if the Bluefin helps with throttle response I'll be happy only just bought the car so not quite ready to do to much, the car is quick enough for now,

But like I said I'm not home for another month and only for two weeks and got to fit a service in with audi so don't fancy a drive to revo,

When I eventually decide to go stage 2/2+ then I'll prob take a trip to revo and do it all at once but for now a Bluefin is an ample present to come too and I would of prob bought an induction within a month,

And I also fancy another bike in the summer so I'm holding back with the car until next winter see if a buy an R1 first in the summer :yum:

Ben, I had bluefin on my MkV golf Gti and loved it. The handheld loader is really useful for switching maps. I know Shark is highly rated but with the SPS it's also a fair bit more expensive. I don't think you will be disappointed mate but keep us posted. I'm considering getting the S3 stg1 map but they want £299 for the new map! I think that's a bit much considering I've already bought the loader.

For a bluefin stage 2 or stage 3 map is only £50 ATM so I'd of thought to just buy the stage one map would be the same if not just buy stage 2 for £50 bargain

Had another buyin spurt the other day ordered the revo induction kit and the forge dv kit, so got a few present to come home too next week!
car is in for an oil change as soon as I'm home,
As I've just come out of the 3 year warranty will it matter when audi see any mods on the car or will they be funny about it for example when the filter needs changing and it has an induction kit will they make some sort of note or remark on the service book?