Revo Technik: Transferable between cars from VW to Audi?

woter324

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a Golf Mk5, GTi Ed 30 MY08 and am about to trade it in on an S3 MY10. The Golf has a stage 1 Revo remap. I am wondering if the Revo 'license' alows me to transfer the remap from old to new.

As it's a trade in, the Revo will be switched off / removed from the Golf by my Revo dealer.

I understand that if I buy the Serial Port Switch (SPS) I can download the current map and modify it (within given parameters) using the SPS software.

I know the engines are both the same VAG 2.0 TFSI blocks, but I guess as the stock maps are different, the Revo maps are different so it wouldn't work or at least wouldn't be effective on the S3.

I read somewhere that Revo dealers can put some kind of security on the ECU so the SPS cannot download the map. Is that correct?

Once one has a Revo map, can anyone buy and use the SPS and the software to 'modify' the map. I understand one can save up to three (at any one time) maps onto the SPS that one can switch between.

I am sure my Revo dealer was trying to charge me £500 on top of the stage 1 to be able to adjust the settings myself. Or is there another, consumer-grade Revo software package that is more granular than the downloadable SPS software.

Sorry for all the questions. Any help would be apreciated.

Many thanks

Woter

Hi there ,its a real shame ,but it no is the answer ..revo sps switch just changes ,fuel, boost and timing ...

As above, you need a new map, the maps for your current car only & afaik you cant reuse a revo map on another car.

Now they obviously have base maps for stages, but each one is car specific interms of some code afaik.

So time to dig deep for the power :)

Even if both cars were the same as in both S3's you still couldnt really do it as the ECU's are serial numbered and the map will be logged to that specific ECU.

Even if both cars were the same as in both S3's you still couldnt really do it as the ECU's are serial numbered and the map will be logged to that specific ECU.
x2,your map as broadster says is locked to your ECU I found this out as I was wanting to sell my powergate unit with maps still installed until I found out maps are locked to my cars ECU :(

I rewrote this question as I thought I'd been ignored and reposted it. I've just realised I hadn't set the thread to email me on reply. D'oh!

Thanks for the replies.

One other question:
The garage that installed the Revo no longer has a Revo account. As I am selling the car I asked him if he could remove it. He said he can turn it off. Does this mean that someone in the know could turn it back on virtually free of charge, i.e is the map still there?

Just a small thought on the subject: Thinking out aloud here: although it is software, it is only slightly different software. In computer software if I had Microsoft Office 2010 on computer-GTi but I uninstalled it and sold that computer-GTI, I can now install Offce 2010 on my new computer-S3. The difference here is that I am not able to actually do the change, therefore it would be like taking my computer to an expert and asking them to do the change.

Thank you very much for your replies. So who's going to get my money first. Viper with their Auto start toy or Revo with + 54 bhp :uhm: