Advice needed

Sid-84

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

I bought my audi A3 quattro 55 plate in late November and got the standard 3 months warranty from a car dealer Essex. Well the car has been riddled with faults which disappoints me a little but that's life. Little jobs I've been doing myself like the temp sensor, boot catch, but its been in for an mot and it need 2 new drive shaft gaiters and I had my mechanic check the turbo as its making a siren sound.. And he said its on its way out.. Not good! So my dealer said get me a quote for the work before tou do anything and after a week I ask him and he said he's on the case.. Days pass and I ring and leave him voice msgs and no answer! Iv been polite about it all ad now its getting beyond the joke! Anyone else had issues like this am what action can I take? No car for 2 wks is a nightmare! Thanks
Michael

Go to the dealer face to face, he's trying to wait for warranty period to finish, so he has no obligation to fix it.

If he fails to resolve, if you have warranty in writing that covers the faults, then take action legally, by way of letter if its an indy car seller, if its an actual vag dealer, which doubt if its only 3 months, then talk to dealer manager.

Pretty sure all car sales have a 6 month grace period, where the seller (especially a garage) is responsible for reasonable repairs and you can just return the car if not satisfied. Head to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and get the proper limits and applications.

Yeah I've already got the phone numbers stored on my phone ready to seek further advice but I don't really want to go down that route. It's not vag dealer just a private car dealers but they sell Austin martins range rovers jags ferraris etc.. My audi was just a trade in which they decided to sell I just can't believe they are vein so fussy even tho they sell all these luxury motors! Iv got another month on my warranty so I think ill write a letter or an email so I've sent it in writing.. Iv saved all my msgs off them. And yes I've got all the paperwork which says I'm entitled to 3 months.

And I live in north Norfolk which is 3 hours from the dealers