Audi and iPod Intergration

kash0

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was browsing the apple website to have a look at the iPod nano and came across the Car Integration link. It lists Audi as a compatible car; well it actually states coming soon.

Here is the link

Apple - iPod You Car

My question is does anyone know or have anymore information when this option will be available and whether it will be able to be retro-fitted to our A3s?

Thanks in advance,
Kash.

Hi KashO,

According to this Audi USA pdf it will work with the A3.
I’m also interested in connecting one of the new Sony Ericsson w8001 walkman phones or the new Motorola Rokr to the stereo.
Has anyone done this? I’m guessing a mini jack lead would be the easiest way. [image]http://www.guitarcentre.com.au/ipod.pdf[/image]

that website hasnt changed for ages.

As stated in an another identical thread, the OEM Audi ipod kit is rumoured to be a Dension ice-link anyway.

retro-fitting isnt a problem either, as there are loads of install options available for them, like brodit clip, glove box, console, boot, armrest...

What do you want to do ?

As the Ipod plugs directy into the CD changer port.

I have the 40 GIG ipod in my A3 but it needs the concert radio for it to work, and when it works its 40 gigs of music at your finger tips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ONe of the reasons i bought the audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got an ipod mini in my S3. The product in the link above looks a bit cheap to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I've got a Dension ipod interface (not cheap at £115, but damn good!)

The cradle is installed in my glove box so I can just slide the ipod in and fully control it from the hu. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I took photos when installing it, so if anyone wants to see them, email me on garth.fred@btopenworld.com and I'll send you some pics.