Any problem with switching??

I oOEddOo I

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any problem if I fill the car with normal petrol again because I have been using momentum for few months now at the moment I have got half of tank of momentum.

Thank you for your comment :)

Stay away from the supermarket fuel unless its premium grade, otherwise if you just want normal unleaded use BP or the like as theirs is still more refined and contain additives to protect your engine.

Supermaket fuel is 'raw' fuel. (unless high octane)

Tesco momentum is fine mate, I worked for a premium brand petrol company for 3+ years and have been told many stories about fuel.

Now I'm in the motor trade working for LandRover and the stories about budget supermarket fuel keep on rolling in. literally.

Any high octane from anywhere = fine

Use BP,Shell, Esso, Texaco or the like for normal unleaded if there is nothing else as there are additives put in.

unfortunately the nearest petrol station is tesco so I am just thinking if i switch from momentum back to normal is there going to be an issue or not ??

Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

However, many people use standard super market fuel with no problems.

Some cars misfire all day on the stuff.

+ Knowing my luck I'll get a clogged injector or fuel filter if I used it.

I guess to start of with audi use normal fuel on the s3 but I decided not to once I have got it / now I guess it will be fine don't you think if I went back to normal tesco unleaded?

Personally, I wouldn't touch it. However, many people use standard super market fuel with no problems.Some cars misfire all day on the stuff. + Knowing my luck I'll get a clogged injector or fuel filter if I used it.
The ony time I've ever had problems was persistent misfires on Asda 95RON fuel when the good stuff was hard to get locally....before having the car remapped.
If your car is mapped,then you'd be well advised to stick to either V-Power or Momentum,but otherwise,decent quality branded petrol should be fine.

The ony time I've ever had problems was persistent misfires on Asda 95RON fuel when the good stuff was hard to get locally....before having the car remapped.
If your car is mapped,then you'd be well advised to stick to either V-Power or Momentum,but otherwise,decent quality branded petrol should be fine.

car is not mapped, when I got the car I decided to try out momentum but now I am wondering if there is going to be any issue if I fill the car up with normal unleaded from tesco but with half of tank of momentum still in the car

car is not mapped, when I got the car I decided to try out momentum but now I am wondering if there is going to be any issue if I fill the car up with normal unleaded from tesco but with half of tank of momentum still in the car
I don't think you'll have any problems there at all......as I said,I only had problems with using what I could buy locally,when a better quality premium fuel would have been the ideal choice.

Good will giv it a try later this week when I re fuel with normal unleaded from hlf of tank of momentum