warning lights problem on a3 tdi 2009 with multi-function steering wheel

Alva78

team Nano, Black Styling package H&R 8mm spacers
Reaction score
I Know i posted this before and got no replies (probably because of the complexity of the problem)but i have more details now.To start of with the ignition turned off and the vehcile locked i get the steering wheel light on the dash flashing very dull yellow.The hazard warning light flickering.When i have the ignition on every thing seems ok no warning lights just the steering wheel light a very dim yellow (can hardly be seen) but also the performance cold is not as good as it normally is.Can anyone shed light on this,i have it booked in at Audi Bexely Wednesday and the hourly charges are phenomenal.My fried has a VAG-COM but worried about putting on .

I Know i posted this before and got no replies (probably because of the complexity of the problem)but i have more details now.To start of with the ignition turned off and the vehcile locked i get the steering wheel light on the dash flashing very dull yellow.The hazard warning light flickering.When i have the ignition on every thing seems ok no warning lights just the steering wheel light a very dim yellow (can hardly be seen) but also the performance cold is not as good as it normally is.Can anyone shed light on this,i have it booked in at Audi Bexely Wednesday and the hourly charges are phenomenal.My fried has a VAG-COM but worried about putting on .

If your friend has VCDS and does not want to scan your car because he is worried, then why has he even got VCDS??!!
Just tell him to scan it and see what it brings up. No harm will be done to the car from a simple scan, he should know this!

Reactions: Scott_Crossley
Could be something as simple as battery voltage no good from cold starting? Recommend you test the battery? Or even a poor earth somewhere on the body?

Hi Ash sent you a pm thanks for your offer .I am available tommorrow pm if you can.My mobile is 07850430129 (Andy),i still have it booked in at Audi bexely,they have quoted £147 per hour!!thats without a courtesy car.But the problem is either very simple or very complex.My Golfs i have owned before were alot simple to work on but this is new teritory with all the electronics.Even the steering wheel has an ECU

Hi i was wondering if you sorted this problem as i have exact same power steering light on very dim an hazerd switch flashes very dim to fnx

Hi exact same problem here on s3 MY2009.When it appeared a month ago cleaning the earth cables and letting it without battery for about 2 days seemed to have solved the problem.But now this fix isn't working.
Forgot to mention that it occurred one week after cleaning the engine bay around earth cables.Any solution??

Mine is still same been like this a mnth now has no effect on anything wer are the earth leads you cleaned if ya dont mind me asking an al have a mess around an let ya no if a have any luck an could ya let me no if ya manage sort yours plz thanks it seems an unusual problem has not many people seem to have any ideas on hear an usually if anyone knows this is the place i did have scan done witch it said a think it was low voltage. but after battery was tested an was fine so ad say earth leads sound a good starting place like you said

After a quick search on the net,the hazard warning switch flickering is a common problem among vag cars especially on models after 2009,but this paracitic flickering goes away after 15-20 minutes.The steering warning light is very weird.Next thing to look is relays.I will post the results.

Mine is still same been like this a mnth now has no effect on anything wer are the earth leads you cleaned if ya dont mind me asking an al have a mess around an let ya no if a have any luck an could ya let me no if ya manage sort yours plz thanks it seems an unusual problem has not many people seem to have any ideas on hear an usually if anyone knows this is the place i did have scan done witch it said a think it was low voltage. but after battery was tested an was fine so ad say earth leads sound a good starting place like you said

Hi budgieb; you might like to look at this related thread for more detail: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dash-warning-light-on-with-ignition-off.176659/

Cheers m8 it does seem i might leave it. It is very dull an can only just be seen at night it does make me think if cleaning the earths made it go away for a bit that thats got to be sommert do with the problem.

Guys, i have exactly the same problem with a 2010 Audi TT. The car has been to Audi with no faults found, but the dim light is really frustrating as i know there must be something causing it. I have checked fuses in both the dashboard and engine bay, earths seem fine in the engine bay and boot, confused.com!! Did you guys find out what was the cause?

Thanks for the response Alk, so did you leave it? Or replace the cluster? I have concerns when i come to sell the vehicle this will impact the selling price. Merry christmas!