Bluetooth interference/background noise

Jimmy mac

Reaction score
Hi All

New to the forum, this is my first post so hope it's in the correct place. I have recently retrofitted RNSE, MFSW and bluetooth (genuine audi parts) to my 2007 2.0 sline dsg A3. Everything working fine however background noise for telephone call recipients at speeds of even 30mph is terrible (got the wife to drive the car and call me). Everything was brand new and no cables were damaged when installing. Not sure what to try now, is this noise to be expected. I have never had this level of background noise on any of my aftermarket handsfree kits.

Thanks in advance.

Genuine vw/audi mic in the light cluster? What loom did you use - kufatec?

Hi Phil used genuine vw/audi mic with genuine harness, installed in light cluster. Could it be incorrect coding, if you mute the mic through the rnse the noise stops as stupid as that may sound does that rule out interference?

Last edited:
If its definitely not background hiss but rather car / wind noise I would double check the placement of the mic - maybe do a test with the mic dangling out of the cluster to see what the difference is?

Everyone I've fitted has just worked apart from one where the mic was faulty ( but it didn't work at all)

Thanks, if its background hiss is there something in particular you would change, ammend or replace? I will take a drive today with the mic dangling as suggested.

Depending on where the mic came from might be a light chance the wires are the wrong way round from the mic? Probably not though..,

Worth checking part numbers too - can you list them here of all the bits?

Hi Phil used genuine vw/audi mic with genuine harness,
Where did you get the harness from? The genuine Audi harness for the microphone would be part of a much larger harness costing a fair bit of cash, and the harness terminates at the bottom footwell of the passenger door and then another harness goes from there into the rns-e. Which way did you run the harness upto the linterior light drivers or passenger side?

Here is the eBay item I purchased, I placed unit behind/under glovebox, it would appear harness is not genuine audi then. At standstill no noise at all, it appears then that mic is too sensitive. The wire was routed behind dash up pillar to light cluster. I have tried swapping wires with no success, when you do this you can not be heard at all.

Audi A2/A3/A4/A6/TT Genuine Bluetooth | eBay

I purchased Ebay item:

Audi A2/A3/A4/A6/TT Genuine Bluetooth | eBay

i have tried swapping mic wires it does nothing it all. There is no interference noise at standstill, just awful at 30 -70 mph. I can be heard clearly but the background noise is shocking, could the mic be over sensitive? Can this be adjusted. I had a drive with mic hanging down no improvement.

I there mate, I had this aswell but i have the kuftec one. People had said they i had background interference but then i adjusted the volume of the mic, which has no solved that. I adjusted it by calling a number through the RNSE. I dont know if this is just to adjust for the kuftec kit all off kits.

The module & microphone are genuine but the wiring harness is not, also the BT antenna looks rubbish and could be causing problems this is the genuine item
1872 0
You may want to check the adaptation setting as the sensitivity my have been turned up.

A131,0,Microphone Sensitivity
A131,5,Microphone Sensitivity
A131,6,Microphone Sensitivity Adjustment
A131,7,Range: -6...+6 dB
A131,8,
A131,9,0 = ±0 dB / 1 = +1 dB / 2 = +2 dB
A131,10,3 = +3 dB / 4 = +4 dB / 5 = +5 dB / 6 = +6 dB
A131,11,128 = -1 dB / 129 = -2 dB / 130 = -3 dB
A131,12,131 = -4 dB / 132 = -5 dB / 133 = -6 dB

Last edited:
Ok I have checked the setting the microphone sensitivity is set at 0. Changing it to 5 seems to reduce road noise are there optimum settings for this?

Sorry bit late replying - but yes everything looks ok but he bluetooth antenna definitely not oem. Hopefully the sensitivity tweaks will cure....