Mfsw retrofit

heole03

Reaction score
Hi I have an 8p from 2008 and want to upgrade my 4 spoke sterring wheel for a 3 spoke mutil function steerig wheel that I found on ebay. Both are with the square airbag cover and I thourght that thevairbag module would fit. However the airbag cover is naturally a little bit different on the 3 spoke compared to the 4 spoke.

Is it possible to replace just the airbag cover or do I need a complete new airbag?

Hi I have an 8p from 2008 and want to upgrade my 4 spoke sterring wheel for a 3 spoke mutil function steerig wheel that I found on ebay. Both are with the square airbag cover and I thourght that thevairbag module would fit. However the airbag cover is naturally a little bit different on the 3 spoke compared to the 4 spoke.

Is it possible to replace just the airbag cover or do I need a complete new airbag?

Can you post pics of the back of both please together with a pic of the wheel you want to fit.

You need to upload to photobucket or similar first and then post the image file ( if you didn't already know ! ).

Edit : don't forget to identify which is which !!!

If you can find a cover its a maybe, but you need to compare airbag bases to be 100% sure, iirc when I checked, I noticed the 4 spoke I had to research, was different shape to the 3, so didnt continue researching as wasnt worthwhile.

Thanks for the replies. I have used a couple of hours searching for a cover for the 3-spoke without luck. Guess there is no way out of buying a new airbag:(

I have a complete dsg mfsw for sale with airbag if of help.

I have a complete dsg mfsw for sale with airbag if of help.

Can you take the paddles off the DSG wheel so that it serves just as a standard MFSW? does yours have the silver buttons? and how much do you want for it?

The paddles can be removed. I have a B8 A4 DSG MFSW on my A4, but I just left them on. They don't hinder anything, I never notice they're there now, and when I put the car back to standard and put the standard MFSW back on, the DSG wheel can still be sold as such.

Exactly, the paddles are so minimal anyway, they dont get in the way & you can only see the tops very minimally I wouldnt bother removing thm, as it would leave a hole at rear, but that cant be seen tbh as its hidden behind the cluster.

Nope mines not silver buttons, just red/white stitching iirc.