Audi A3 Diesel Sportback 2.0 TDi Quattro Sport 5dr (2005-2006)

kayandawg

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls,

I am thinking about buying an 2.0tdi Quattro A3, I perviously had a 1.6sport 8L was a great little car, only problem I had was the gearbox went and after getting it replaced the clutch started slipping :( However back to my question I am considering buying this car and I was wondering if anybody out there has one or had one and could telling the positives and negatives about it eg common faults, if its economical etc.. I have saw one that has a paddle shift gear box, and has done 82K miles for £5000. Originally I wanted an Sline but they were a bit pricey (I have a budget of £6000) and i didn't think there was much difference? or I was thinking about getting a 1.6 sport/sline sportsback but they are really rare!! thanks guys any input would much appreciated!

Alfie

Last edited:
Sounds like a fair price to me.

I really enjoyed the DSG box on a test drive I did, however what made me panic was that if it goes wrong it can cost a fortune.

If you look at the car, make sure the gearbox oil was replaced at 40k, also at that age/mileage the cambelt (and water pump) should have been changed, it's a £500 bill if not.

Reactions: kayandawg
Sounds like a fair price to me.

I really enjoyed the DSG box on a test drive I did, however what made me panic was that if it goes wrong it can cost a fortune.

If you look at the car, make sure the gearbox oil was replaced at 40k, also at that age/mileage the cambelt (and water pump) should have been changed, it's a £500 bill if not.

I didn't think about that! hopefully it will be ok but I will check if the oil has been replaced. The cambelt has been but I will ask about the water pump. Thank you for getting back to me.