A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro stage 1 revo remap.

whitey1012

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new as i have only recently got my A3. I've had it a few weeks now and been doing a bit of research about the possibility of have a remap. I've looked at getting a Revo stage one remap which should boost the boost up to around 235-260BHP + torque between 250-280 (i am expecting the lower end of the estimates). Just after some advise from people who have had it done really and would they advise it. Also did it affect the clutch and economy of the car much? The car is a 06 A3 Sportback Quattro 2.0TFSI done 57000 miles.

Its doesn't have to be a revo remap its just i know of a center about 40 miles away from me that do it.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Lee

Just had mine custom remapped its the same car as yours it's done 73k on the original clutch i decided to go custom rather than revo as firstly it was cheaper and secondly the chap I used is fast getting a reputation for being one of the best in Norfolk his maps are getting more on the rolling road than one of the best revo tuners in the area. This coupled with being custom to your own car made me decide to go with him and Jesus I am glad I did the car pulls amazing up to 3k it feels standard and then it winds up hard. Feels like it should of left the factory like that. No clutch slip and I'm on the original clutch. And it puts ALL the power down being a Quattro! Do it you'll never ever look back!

I have a 2006 A3 2.0TFSI and had mine remapped about 2 weeks ago.
I had REVO do mine and the difference is very good indeed.
Driving normally you dont notice much but take it over 2500-3000 revs and its like a new turbo has been put in it. It will spin the wheels at 50mph no problems at all.
The MPGs are improved too, but that equals itself out as you need to get super unleaded.
I did have a scare though. Oil pressure light came on then off again, but everything seems fine.
Topped up the oil and no problems, then a day or so after the car decided to misfire.
Found out to be a Pencil coil pack on cylinder 2 had gone. Replaced it myself but this is a common VAG fault anyway. I now have a spare in the boot! A remap will enhance and high light any under lying problems with the car that would materialise sooner than later anyway.
My BHP has gone from 200BHP to about 255BHP (there are two ECUs, one with 197bhp and one with 200bhp. 197 version when remapped will produce less bhp).
So far so good. Not concerned about oil pressure as that would of re-appeared by now as its been 6 days of driving since it turned on and off.

Hello Lee,

we do a lot of these (I own one) and the quattro version puts more stress on the clutch than a FWD version. However if the clutch is ok, then it will be fine. Economy will remain the same when you're not using the power.

Rick

Cheers for the posts guys. After doing a bit more research + with the price difference think i'm going to go with the Bluefin.

Thanks again :)

Also is there a way to see if my A3 would be the 197 bhp or the 200 bhp version?