Octane boosters......Really...Do they work??

I

imported_tobycruse

Hi everyone,

Im sure we have all seen in hellfrauds and other motor shops that you can buy octane boosters. Some say to provde 10% more power and others say they do that and clean your engine.... Do they really work??

Also, my car has done about 26k miles, is it worth buying those engine cleaners that you mix in with the fuel?? Would they make any difference?

only if you get your engine remapped to work on the new octane rating. But then you have to always make sure you put the booster in.

Wouldn't bother myself, just get it chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The engine manegement system takes time to change settings over a period of time.

So if you need to keep using it over a long period of time, but when you stop using it, poor engine wont like it.

Remeber the ole days when you had 2 star petrol, 3 star and 4 star.

LOL !!!

Add octain boost and it make normal unleaded like Super Plus. its only a slight increase as the Off the shelf boosters are very tame - unless you add 50/50 into your tanks but that would cost £ 100s of pounds -

As eef says - get a chip mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remap it! The use octane booster to make it rocket fuel, and se the timing to suit.

Taking petrol it up to 100ron doesn't cost that much, usually a tank of superunleaded and a can of Millers (not the beer!).

Millers is the best stuff, but i wont think you will notice the differnce with a full tank and a full shot of Millers.