Audi Extended Warranty

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi people,

Happy New year to you all as this is my first post of 2013.

So my Audi Warranty is due to expire on 12th Jan and I have just been quoted £600 to renew. Do you think it is worth it?

This is for the Unlimited Mileage, No Excess option. My car is a 2009 S3 S-Tronic with 53k miles. I do about 24k per year as I use this car for work which involves me driving around the country. The other thing I should tell you is that I am now running Revo Stage 1 and wonder how this will affect my warranty should I need to claim.

What are your thoughts on this and what have others done when in the same situation?

Thanks

I would as after market ones are useless tbh, audi ones are fairly good, just check what it covers to the letter.

Hi Nigel, how are you? I know you know these cars inside out and if you recommend me taking it out then thats good enough for me.

Slight off topic but what do you think about going to Stage 2+ considering I do so many miles?

The fact you're considering 2+ & then an audi warranty extension, maybe an idea to think if that would be an issue for the dealer, lol, but seems others are happy with it.

Hmmm. £600. That's a fair chunk of cash if nothing goes wrong and even it did, it's unlikely to cost £600 to repair. You would have to be very unlucky! Do you have to pay it in one lump sum?

My warranty with Audi is up in May I think, assuming i'm offered another year at £600 i think i'll skip it. I've got alot of knowledgable forum members here that can help IF things go pop.:icon_thumright:

Yes but say the gearbox goes, thats 4k, if the mechatronics goes thats 2k, the small ones you wouldnt worry about, but peace of mind buys a very good nights sleep lol.

My previous 07 plate A3 had it's DSG replaced out of warranty as good will as it was only just out of warranty and it had been serviced by Audi from new. You do need to perservere though!

Luckily audi are now quietly warranting gearbox bits for 5 years so I'm told or with a huge contribution, but still its the possible large invoice to pay that may make you think, I'll cover my butt on this one lol.

I guess if you don't have a DSG there isn't much else that could go wrong apart from maybe a DPF if you weren't doing the right mileage.

I have DSG and think that I will go for it if it will really cost £4k to replace.. Ouch!! I had to have a headlight replaced in March because condensation got into it somehow and that would have cost me £822 alone through Audi. Luckily that was covered under warranty. Rather be safe than sorry plus you get Audi roadside assistance and use of a courtesy car if things go wrong.

To answer the question from A3Kent, you can pay in monthly installments but I prefer to pay these things upfront and then not have to worry about it. I do the same with insurance as I think that its out of order that they charge you interest when paying monthly.

After a manual gearbox replcement, albeit under warranty. I chose to go for the additional 4 years when I bought my next A3

I was told the manual gearbox was 4k....supply and install by Main Audi Dealer.

Kevin

£600 is a good price, I was quoted £700+ for 12 months upto 12K miles, and £900ish for upto 20K miles. That was a couple of years back.

I have never had any issues with maps and warranty although I have never had any major mechanical failure other than a clutch and few electrical gremlins.
Just switch back to stock for dealer vists and no one will care.

good luck