Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Lightbulb S badge on S3 engine???

Hi all!

Its my first ever post here and I am about to purchase my first ever car too. I am checking out a few audi S3 2007 in my local area and I have came across one which I really like.

However, there isn't a "s badge" on the engine, should I be worried about it being a real s3 or not? Thanks for helping I know this question is probably bit silly but please bear with an audi newbie! Thanks you guys!

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site.

Get it scanned with vcds, check the engine code, get vin no. check this againt dvla & audi, do all the neccessary checks to verify its authentic.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply NHN! Unfortunately Im based in Hong Kong and Audi here is not too helpful as they only response vehicles enquires if contacted by the car owner. Is there any other methods to tell if its a real S3? Thank you so so much!

5th Gear

Status
    buy any VCDS cable even something that is not genuie would be able to tell what engine type it has.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you RedDejavu! Hopefully its a genuine one!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    buy any VCDS cable even something that is not genuie would be able to tell what engine type it has.
    Advising someone to potentially use a counterfeit item on a car thats not even there's & to test it, is not a wise move, if it damages the car, then they are responsible for the car to be repaired.

5th Gear

Status
    told to buy it not to use it. Thanks

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    Matt,we dont advise people to buy non genuine or counterfeit goods on the forum, regardless if its vcds or not, its still a no no incase it damages their car and the good relationship and support we get from ross tech. Thanks.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    So you believe advising someone to waste money on a counterfeit item & leave it sitting there on a shelf without using is a good peice of advice, its not an ornament lmao, come on fella, be sensible & we both know what you meant :P

Reverse Gear

Status
    lols thanks for the input guys. does it actually sound normal that the engine doesn't have a S badge on it?

5th Gear

Status
    Everybody knows that genuine parts are the only options if you want something that 100% works and wont give your car any side effects therefore I've bought a VCDS not so log ago as I care about my car and use it to educate myself more about how things work. Its fantastic piece of kit and would never ever use anything else. Its hard however not to come across the amount of fakes flying around the ebay and when you compare prices it becomes even more attractive for someone to save few quid. I didnt want to force anyone to buy fakes or advertise any specific brand just didnt know how strict ASN is in regards to counterfeit items. Will put my words wiser next time so no one gets upset. However gathering simple information about the engine can be done without spending bucks i.e asking friend to do it for us or just simply take the car to a known garage that will scan it for us for fraction of the price, take the car on rollers and so on.

Hope this solves it.

Now: