Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Daytime Running Lights Sensitivity

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BenC00 View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but I want to enable the DRL's @ Position 0 on the headlight switch - I have the latest VCDS and have looked through all the coding and cannot find this option anywhere. Could you tell me where and what the coding is pretty please with a cherry on top....?

I would love to tell you but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    as for the coding i cant 100% remember where it is on the newer facelift cars as their CE module coding is different to what i have in my car but i would be happy to check it out for you.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I would love to tell you but...
    I have a 2009 8P3 (with separate Convenience Module & Central Electronics Module) if that makes a difference?
    2009 A3 TDI 170 STronic SLine

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Im pretty sure your Convenience module is not separate from your central electrics module irrespective to what VCDS is showing you... try to click onto your convenience module within VCDS and chances are it will time out... they merged the 2 on facelift modules so all convenience options are configured from within the central electrics module.

Anyway the coding is in the Central electrics module but i cannot remember as i have only been asked to do it once and not done it since
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    Im pretty sure your Convenience module is not separate from your central electrics module irrespective to what VCDS is showing you... try to click onto your convenience module within VCDS and chances are it will time out... they merged the 2 on facelift modules so all convenience options are configured from within the central electrics module.

Anyway the coding is in the Central electrics module but i cannot remember as i have only been asked to do it once and not done it since
    I definitely have separate modules: 09-Cent. Elect. and 46-Central Conv. It was MY2010 onwards that received the converged module I think....

Okay no problem, I thought you had made the change to your car, so would be able to retrieve the coding.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

can you actually click on 46-Central Conv and then go into coding? every facelift car i have played with doesnt do that
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Not every facelift car had 063 modules fitted, there are hybrids that are 08/09 that had the older 279 ce's & 433 conv modules, its possible as his is an 09 that his still has these older modules fitted.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    can you actually click on 46-Central Conv and then go into coding? every facelift car i have played with doesnt do that
    Yeah

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8P0-907-279-30-H.lbl
    Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N HW: 8P0 907 279 N
    Component: Bordnetz-SG H54 2801

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8P0-959-433.lbl
    Part No: 8P0 959 433 J
    Component: KSG H11 0080
    NHN likes this.

Neutral

Status
    ... and I would love to get my DRLs and Fogs to work with CH/LH instead of my Bi-Xenons but it doesn't seem possible from everything that I've read.

My poor ballasts and xenon bulbs

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The 279 modules don't allow this feature, pisses me of too.
    BenC00 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The 279 modules don't allow this feature, pisses me of too.
    I remember seeing something in VCDS relating to CH/LH behaviour (something like new style / old style), but it didn't seem to do anything - do you know what that does?

I don't mind the Bi-Xenons staying on when I lock the car and walk away, but having them come on when I either unlock the car or open the door seems overkill. (I cant remember which is CH and which is LH in terms of function)

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

so you prefer the Coming home but not the leaving home... im sure you should be able to turn them on or off independently on your DIS

also there is a way to get the fogs to come on instead of xenons... it requires a custom module. I have installed this on Digzz car which works well.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Have a look @ my thread there is a module you can buy so you can have the fogs and DRL instead of the main beam.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes there is a custom module, but also additional expense above factory ch/lh functionality, that most people who already have ch/lh just don't want to pay for, based on my experience.

Dis functions rely on coding & modules fitted, so ideally features coded need checking to see if enabled or not.

5th Gear

Status
    Factory fit CH / LH lighting is DRL and fogs on my MY2011 S3.

I'd prefer to switch the fogs off if I could, and just have DRL's.

2 x 50w bulbs with engine off seems an unecessary drain on the battery when the low power leds do the job of greeting you.
    Arjuanamo likes this.
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.

Neutral

Status
    Whilst my facelift A3 has not got the Auto function my led's are much much brighter without the sidelights on as you said in your first post.i think this must be normal.Strange though as you would think they would keep the same intensity..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alva78 View Post
    Whilst my facelift A3 has not got the Auto function my led's are much much brighter without the sidelights on as you said in your first post.i think this must be normal.Strange though as you would think they would keep the same intensity..
    This is the way it is for people with or without auto lights.If you want them at full brightness in sidelight mode you have to change the settings for your lights to the scandinavian option in VCDS.They are also dimmed when the xenon lights are on to match the brightness.
    Ibis White 2011 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Black Edition S Tronic

Extras : 18" Speedline Alloys | EBC Green Pads & Discs| Interior LED's | Gloss Black Splitter & Fog Grills | Open Sky Panoramic | Phillips Diamond Vision Fogs | OEM Silver Indicators & LED Number Plate Lights | S3 Side Skirts & Front Bumper | RS3 Grill & Back Bumper |S3 Aluminium Pedals & Mirrors | Piped Mats |RNSE| Auto Dimming Mirrors | Roadhawk Pro |Twin Chrome Oval Exhaust |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12