Emergency Key

Thomo

Reaction score
There has been a lot of Audi thefts recently in my area and it is rumoured that emergency keys have been getting stolen and used. Can someone tell me if my 61 plate S3 Sportback does have an emergency key and where it is located? The last thing I want is to leave it in the car unknowingly, feel free to private message me to save the information being broadcast publicly. Cheers

Emergency keys, 1st I've heard of such thing mate, you can login via vcds & check how many keys the car has currently coded to it & then you'll know if you're missing any, if so then certainly reprogram remotes & also get audi to reprogram immo.

Emergency keys, 1st I've heard of such thing mate, you can login via vcds & check how many keys the car has currently coded to it & then you'll know if you're missing any, if so then certainly reprogram remotes & also get audi to reprogram immo.

I know other Audi models have them. Supposedly it comes in two parts, the key and the holder. The thin key part is designed to fit in a wallet etc and it slides into the holder to make it easier to turn in the door or ignition etc. it has been known for them to be stored in glovebox but no sign of one in mine unless its hidden.

Never seen one on the 8P, plastic key yes but not spare emergency one for locks & ignition, just get it checked with vcds.

I've had 3 8P's. Never heard of this key mate.

I've always just have the 2 identical remote keys.

Ring Audi,wouldn't it be a back door for thieves having such an item,the thefts are probably a hiab.

I think it's just the new A4's, A5's and Q5's that have emergency keys. They're in the glovebox.

Now I am happy to be corrected on this, but from my friends recent A5 I was working on for a fair while & visit to audi, that key as such in glovebox isnt a complete key at all, if we're discussing the same thing, its actually a socket of type, you plug the plastic key that comes with your other keys into this fob for use with the advanced key iirc, as my friend was missing his & when we went to audi for some component protection, my friend master tech said do you know this is missing, obviously I didnt, so he handed me 1 & said put in glovebox in the holder, thus everydays a school day :)