Keyless Start up

ilim

Reaction score
has anyone installed a keyless start up system on any 8P2's. Was thinking the kit from the RS4 might work, if coding and installation was done professionally. Im sure there is a few Geniuses on here that would know the answer to this?

Ilim

If you have to have the key in the ignition whats the point in fitting it, just turn the key a couple of times and start it yourself and save yourself £££.

I had just installed the start button, you would indeed still need to have the key in the ignition. However, if you would have keyless entry you could press the start button without using your key.

I think the full set the install the button is about 100€, have to check that. (Have mine for sale now.) Other then that it's just nice looking. It was worth it to me!

easy to install the rs4 start button
but as above you still need the key in
looks good tho

I had just installed the start button, you would indeed still need to have the key in the ignition. However, if you would have keyless entry you could press the start button without using your key.

I think the full set the install the button is about 100€, have to check that. (Have mine for sale now.) Other then that it's just nice looking. It was worth it to me!

when you have your car started, what if you turn press the button by accident would it turn over the starter motor?

when you have your car started, what if you turn press the button by accident would it turn over the starter motor?

if its wired up right it would turn the engine off like mine did
or it would do nothing
all depends on who wires it in

It was my original mod that Quinlivan documented.

It is rather a copoff for audi in the RS4 tbh, as still needs key in & turned, but not started, I only installed as had it left from my S4 B6 I didnt fit, so tested on A3.

It will not trigger starter again as once car is started, it disables that side of things even on the key aswell, it connects to the starting circuit, just a simple PTT button that signals a relay to starter.

Bez the RS4 never turned the engine of aswell afaik mate, so how did you wire yours in if I may ask, unless you added some relays etc to reverse the wiring when car started, to kill the power, but then again the key would still be in the ignition switched position.

a sparky i know wired relays in think 3 but yeah keys still in there
the link i posted my mate has got that fitted to his S4 and its good hes got the full kit no keys at all took him days to fit it and get it working 100%

i know on the a3 theres no relays needed
but 1 relay is needed on the a4 or it burns the button out
i followd the a4 fitting guide 1st on my a4 and ****ed the button
thats when i got the sparky to fit