AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: Stage...what?

JS3
    1st Gear

Status

Stage...what?

Guys, can you tell me what I would be expecting BHP wise with the following:
    1. Forge twintake
    2. Milltek cat back
    3. Revo Stg 1
    Which brings me to my next question, is it possible to go Stg 1 or does it need to be Stg 2 or 2+? The reason being is my insurer has stipulated that they will not cover remaps that increase the BHP above 25%. i.e 330 BHP. And Stg 2+ is 360 BHP, so I would like to go as far as I can without breaking this boundary.

Thanks in advance!
    2010 S3, Sprint Blue, S-Tronic, RNSE, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Upgraded LED Interior Bulbs, Heated Seats, Hill Hold, Boot Buddy, Fog Turn Lights, Revo Stage 1, De-Wipered

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Twintake/milltek on a stage 1, is that really neccessary unless you're going stage 2 onwards?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

JS3
    1st Gear

Status
    Exactly my thought NHN - they are nice to haves and should improve the performance of the car and make it sound better - which is the main reason.

Are you saying it is just extra unnecessary expense? Or it would not work well with Stg 1?
    2010 S3, Sprint Blue, S-Tronic, RNSE, Cruise Control, Interior Light Pack, Upgraded LED Interior Bulbs, Heated Seats, Hill Hold, Boot Buddy, Fog Turn Lights, Revo Stage 1, De-Wipered

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    IMHO for a stage 1, its unneccessary expense, unless you go for stage2 etc, then its not going to make a vast difference considering your insurance liabilities as such.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    My S3 was remapped Stage 1 (though not sure which company) with Evoms CAI and Milltek TBE, 317bhp 295lbft (perfect for your insurance limit) - should give you a guide. Generic maps won't make as much use of the extra airflow from the intake and exhaust, but the ecu will figure it out on its own and you'll see an extra 20-odd bhp.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon