Stage...what?

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys, can you tell me what I would be expecting BHP wise with the following:
  1. Forge twintake
  2. Milltek cat back
  3. Revo Stg 1
Which brings me to my next question, is it possible to go Stg 1 or does it need to be Stg 2 or 2+? The reason being is my insurer has stipulated that they will not cover remaps that increase the BHP above 25%. i.e 330 BHP. And Stg 2+ is 360 BHP, so I would like to go as far as I can without breaking this boundary.

Thanks in advance!

Twintake/milltek on a stage 1, is that really neccessary unless you're going stage 2 onwards?

Exactly my thought NHN - they are nice to haves and should improve the performance of the car and make it sound better - which is the main reason.

Are you saying it is just extra unnecessary expense? Or it would not work well with Stg 1?

IMHO for a stage 1, its unneccessary expense, unless you go for stage2 etc, then its not going to make a vast difference considering your insurance liabilities as such.

My S3 was remapped Stage 1 (though not sure which company) with Evoms CAI and Milltek TBE, 317bhp 295lbft (perfect for your insurance limit) - should give you a guide. Generic maps won't make as much use of the extra airflow from the intake and exhaust, but the ecu will figure it out on its own and you'll see an extra 20-odd bhp.