Dull yellow warning light on dashbord A3 tdi 170 with ignition off

Alva78

team Nano, Black Styling package H&R 8mm spacers
Reaction score
Just noticed the power steering warning light flickering on a very dull yellow on my A3 2009 tdi with the ignition off.Any ideas?.The power steering seems ok and the red light goes off post ignition start.

Hi chaps. A bit more input on this. Been bricking it for a couple of days since I noticed the exact same fault on my 2009 S3. Relieved to find this thread and a bit of reassurance / half-ars*d response from Audi that it's "not a fault". I had started thinking it would end up being mega bucks for a new steering rack, so thanks for the thread!

What about if you disabled the light sensor on the speedo via vcds and see if that helps? As this is used to brighten and dull the clocks so disabling it may take the light out?

It's going into Audi Swindon next week for something else, so I'll mention this and see if I get any new info or a solution. Not keen on disabling the sensor, as it might make other lights harder to see, but I'll see what they think.

If OP has had it on for nearly a year and half with no probs, then I guess it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Moved to the S3 from a Clio last August - before that, 9 years with no problems other than wear and tear - so much for the rock-solid Germany engineering! Takes me back to the days I owned a 5 Turbo - thought my days of shoddy electrics were over!

Hi ave you had any luck with this problem mines still on with no issue but it does bug me at night some 1 cleaned there earth wires an it went of for a while but came back but makes me think it must be them wires to fix it for some time at all i just need to find out wear these earth wires are. If you had any luck will you let me no fnx