Quiet CAI

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Which one is the least noisy? But still gives the increase in flow sufficient for Stage 2.

Cheers
Paul

Which one is the least noisy? But still gives the increase in flow sufficient for Stage 2.

Cheers
Paul

The ITG is probably the quietest....certainly the quietest I'd tried.

The ITG is probably the quietest....certainly the quietest I'd tried.

These have been kicking around for a while too so hopefull can pick a decent used one up.... To go with the Milltek thats due this week:eyebrows:

Just make sure you dont get CEL as I have atm on mine Fuel trims are high and its due to raw materials they used around MAF sensor piping. Fortunately the new ones should be now revised there is a recall about it and they happily exchange under warranty. Took me good 2 months to finally found source of the problem and my car went back and forth to Audi dealers and they couldnt fault anything as I was putting back the standard intake for warrynty claim:]. Poor them.

Just make sure you dont get CEL as I have atm on mine Fuel trims are high and its due to raw materials they used around MAF sensor piping. Fortunately the new ones should be now revised there is a recall about it and they happily exchange under warranty. Took me good 2 months to finally found source of the problem and my car went back and forth to Audi dealers and they couldnt fault anything as I was putting back the standard intake for warrynty claim:]. Poor them.

So the CEL issue was intake related not exhaust related?

Cheers
Paul

VWR Intake is very quiet although is also very expensive aswell!!

So the CEL issue was intake related not exhaust related?

Cheers
Paul

Yes plenty of people ordering around summer holidays have had this problems and its due to bad MAF positioning causing the engine to run lean, revised versions are now having extra reduction fitted around the MAF and it works great looking forward to get mine exchanged and put it on rollers again. When Fuel trims go over 10% ECU reduces throttle position and extra fuel is pumped into the engine, sometimes when it reaches over 20% CEL light lits up.

The funnies is though that Forges Twintake is running a bit lean too apparentley they go around 10-12% on Long term fuel trim which is too high, for a performance intake 5-6% is an absoulte limit. Stock gets 3% for comparison.

Last edited:
Yes plenty of people ordering around summer holidays have had this problems and its due to bad MAF positioning causing the engine to run lean, revised versions are now having extra reduction fitted around the MAF and it works great looking forward to get mine exchanged and put it on rollers again. When Fuel trims go over 10% ECU reduces throttle position and extra fuel is pumped into the engine, sometimes when it reaches over 20% CEL light lits up.

The funnies is though that Forges Twintake is running a bit lean too apparentley they go around 10-12% on Long term fuel trim which is too high, for a performance intake 5-6% is an absoulte limit. Stock gets 3% for comparison.

Wow, wasnt aware of this. I thought all of the reputable CAI were hassle free plug and play.
I am assuming the latest ITG is the one to have then?
Or maybe the new REVO CAI?

Cheers
Paul

Wow, wasnt aware of this. I thought all of the reputable CAI were hassle free plug and play.
I am assuming the latest ITG is the one to have then?
Or maybe the new REVO CAI?

Cheers
Paul

Hard to say anything reg REVO but from what I gather WinTake, VWR, Twintake cause problems with the VWR now being revised and all faulty versions replace under warranty. Forge still cant find a reasonable solution. Neuspeed, CLS, Evoms work fine and very few caused fuel trims to go over the limits.

Any open filter is stupidly loud that said the only quite option is to make sure you ordered a revised VWR version as this is the most quite option on the market atm to my believe. Can give you contact detials to Amanda from APR who sold me the VWR and is a bless in sorting everything out without any problems and always on top of things.

Besides here is a massive thread reg aftermarket induction kits and fuel level trims. Spent the whole evening yesterday learning and finding out why some intakes cause CEL light and reduced throttle position

VWVortex.com - Aftermarket Intakes and Fuel Trim Issues

Last edited:
Wow, wasnt aware of this. I thought all of the reputable CAI were hassle free plug and play.I am assuming the latest ITG is the one to have then?Or maybe the new REVO CAI?CheersPaul
I've had the original Forge on mine,which was good up until Stg3,when it was replaced with the ITG.
This is what you might call an open filter design,but is actually pretty quiet,and this,plus the current ITG/VWRacing and Revo systems are the ones I would choose.