Audi A3 170 TDi Cold Air Intake

Nice one. Should look good once you have it installed :)

I have this exact same intake...

It's not a cold air intake but as the air gets into the engine quicker it doesn't get a chance to heat up as much as the OEM intake.

You don't get much in terms of gains, but it sounds quiet nice and not too Darth Vader. Plus it looks pretty good...

Last edited by a moderator:
You out this on your 2.0tdi mate how did it perform afterwards ?

Hey mate, bought the Carbonio CAI unsure of what to expect from it but once it was fitted, and with a warm engine, it sounds nuts! i've just got the standard 170 BHP A3 and when i'm in third and leaver off whilst turbo is about to kick in you hear the dump - and it is loud! Loud enough so that it scares dogs :happy:

For £250 - its defo worth the money! I will try and take a video later and upload it when i can.

IMG 1176IMG 1178IMG 1177

Also performance wise the tubo sounds a lot better - more air being sucked in, less lag on the turbo - just need a remap :w00t:

Wasnt aware of these gains on a derv, may have to look into investing :hubbahubba:

unfortunately i didnt but the change is really simple! all that is required for the swap over is a cross-headed screw driver as well as a pair of pliers

Im defoo buying one of these or the flat type as they look amazing in the carbon look and the TSi sounds good but i can see my car sounding awesome with the milltek and this combined

I had one of these or similar on my 2.0 TFSI - It created a nice sounding resonance and nice turbo noise :D

Which one ? The one i posted or the one in the video ?

I have had this fitted for about a year now and If I'm really honest, no real noticeable gains. The car just sounds a lot nicer, plus I know I'm getting cooler air into the car quicker. Not a bad mod for the price tag!

There wont be any amazing gains just the amazing sound and obviously lower intake temps, also have you had any maf problems ?

There wont be any amazing gains just the amazing sound and obviously lower intake temps, also have you had any maf problems ?

No issues what so ever with the MAF - alll been working perfectly! :ermm:

I think i want one now for my 2.0tdi but leather is first on my agenda

No issues what so ever with the MAF - alll been working perfectly! :ermm:

My MAF threw its dolly out the pram for the first week or so until it learnt the new air readings. It was obviously getting a lot more air, a lot quicker! The car felt as if it was choking on too much air. It's all ok now tho :)

Any chance I can get one for my audi a3 1.9 tdi sport any links would be good and would I get the same woosh as in the videos

I have had this fitted for about a year now and If I'm really honest, no real noticeable gains. The car just sounds a lot nicer, plus I know I'm getting cooler air into the car quicker. Not a bad mod for the price tag!
Any chance of posting a video mate