Volks AutosBadger5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 81
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My A3 modifications and Facelift

  1. #1
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82

    My A3 modifications and Facelift

    Hey up guys n gals. Just thought I would put a thread together of my A3 and what I've been on with doing to it. I bought it a couple of years ago totally standard. Its a 1.9 TDI Sport. I did give a hefty sum for it, but it was from a garage and it had very low mileage.

    So pleased with it so far, been really reliable and enjoy the drive of it. .

    Here's what it looked like when I bought it>>
    06.JPG05.JPG04.JPG03.JPG02.jpg01.JPG


    The modifying bug soon crept in and i decided to try something with the front grill. I wanted to try and give it a single grill look. I used some dark grey vinyl and some chrome vinyl and a few tins of silver spray paint. And this was the outcome>>
    07.jpg08.JPG09.JPG


    Decided to get tinted windows. Dark tint on the back three windows and the lightest available tint on the front two windows. >>
    10.jpg

    Also did the front headlights, rear lights, foglights, side repeaters, rear brakelight in a lamin x style material>>
    13.jpg12.JPG11.JPG

    Fancied a new set of wheels . . So went for a set of 18" RS4 reps>>
    15.jpg14.jpg

    I drove it like that for quite a while and then decided to go for a facelift.
    18" S3 Wheels>>
    16.jpg

    FK Automotive black optics grill>>
    17.JPG

    S3 rear lower diffuser from TPS>>
    18.JPG

    Sebring Backbox>>
    19.JPG

    S3 Back bumper>>
    20.JPG

    S3 Front Bumper from TPS >> The FK grill didnt fit the S3 front bumper, but with a bit of modification to the rear and bottom, it fit eventually, had to use some adhesive in some places to secure it in the bumper>>
    21.jpg
    ABT Sideskirts>>
    22.JPG
    Roof Aerial.>> I know its a dummy one and looks a bit cheap and i still might pull it off yet, but it doesn't look too bad.
    23.JPG

    H11 Foglight plugs needed to change the wiring of the foglights.>>
    23a.JPG

    So i had to cut the crash bar corners to suit the S3 BUMPER, that was simple enough. Converting the foglight wiring to suit the new foglights.

    I also purchased a new bonnet and foglight grills from TPS. I used some chrome rings from the newer 2010 S3 foglight grills and adapted them to fit on the S3 grills on mine. I bought some foglights for a 2010 S3 off Ebay and they fitted easily in my S3 Bumper.

    Also put a rear Spoiler on the back and a HID kit...

    Here's how it looks so far >>
    24.JPG25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg29.jpg


    I've got a few other mods planned for it at some stage.
    Definately needs Lowering and have been advised to go for some Weitec by KW ones off a guy on here.

    Wheel spacers maybe, but will see how it looks when I've lowered it.

    Tempted for some aftermarket headlights and rear lights, but i don't think they fit well . .
    S3 mirrors? but they'll probably just get nicked

    Might get the rear lower diffuser and lower centre section of front bumper painted silver to look like the S3?

    May plastidip the wheels black to see if the full on Stealth look is appealing.

    I'm not too happy with the gap between the bumper and bonnet. I might try and see if I can get a better alignment when I get chance . .

    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Pepsi; 8th January 2013 at 18:49.
    GNJ_Motorsport, ENZO and DeeGee68 like this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    30

    Re: My A3 modifications and Facelift

    Looks good mate

  4. #3
    Mr. B's Avatar
    English...not so good

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    944
    Look gorgeous, how does the exhaust sound?


  5. #4
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Look gorgeous, how does the exhaust sound?
    Cheers guys. Well I haven't noticed much sound change with the new backbox on, maybe just slightly on high revs. but I wasn't expecting much of a change to be honest. I just liked the chrome tips on the box so just fitted for looks really.

    I wouldn't mind getting a better exhaust sound.

    I wondered if I got a straight through pipe from the CAT to this new backbox ( deleting the centre box) then would I get a sportier sound?

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    48
    it's pretty nice actually.

  7. #6
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    some whiter foglight bulbs added :-)
    photo.jpg
    DeeGee68 likes this.

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    great job mate

  9. #8
    Jonathaan's Avatar
    Diesel Power!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    493
    Looks V Smart that m8

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    York
    Posts
    241
    Looks good but needs lowering and not much of a fan of the sideskirts!

    Other than that, top job

  11. #10
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    yes i got these 35mm lowering springs to put on at some point. Courtesy of Damian at DPM Performance. Cheers Bud! Hopefully this weekend if it's not persisting it down!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 31.jpg (38.1 KB, 1343 views)

  12. #11
    Jonathaan's Avatar
    Diesel Power!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    493
    Will totaly transform the look and ride of the car once you stick them on fella, look forward to seeing some photos

  13. #12
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Have just had a stage 1 shark performance re-map done. Going from 105bhp to 145bhp. Thanks to GNJ Motorsport! Very responsive now and smooth power delivery.

  14. #13
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Hey up guys n gals. Just thought I would put a thread together of my A3 and what I've been on with doing to it. I bought it a couple of years ago totally standard. Its a 1.9 TDI Sport. I did give a hefty sum for it, but it was from a garage and it had very low mileage.

    So pleased with it so far, been really reliable and enjoy the drive of it. .

    Here's what it looked like when I bought it>>
    06.JPG05.JPG04.JPG03.JPG02.jpg01.JPG


    The modifying bug soon crept in and i decided to try something with the front grill. I wanted to try and give it a single grill look. I used some dark grey vinyl and some chrome vinyl and a few tins of silver spray paint. And this was the outcome>>
    07.jpg08.JPG09.JPG


    Decided to get tinted windows. Dark tint on the back three windows and the lightest available tint on the front two windows. >>
    10.jpg

    Also did the front headlights, rear lights, foglights, side repeaters, rear brakelight in a lamin x style material>>
    13.jpg12.JPG11.JPG

    Fancied a new set of wheels . . So went for a set of 18" RS4 reps>>
    15.jpg14.jpg

    I drove it like that for quite a while and then decided to go for a facelift.
    18" S3 Wheels>>
    16.jpg

    FK Automotive black optics grill>>
    17.JPG

    S3 rear lower diffuser from TPS>>
    18.JPG

    Sebring Backbox>>
    19.JPG

    S3 Back bumper>>
    20.JPG

    S3 Front Bumper from TPS >> The FK grill didnt fit the S3 front bumper, but with a bit of modification to the rear and bottom, it fit eventually, had to use some adhesive in some places to secure it in the bumper>>
    21.jpg
    ABT Sideskirts>>
    22.JPG
    Roof Aerial.>> I know its a dummy one and looks a bit cheap and i still might pull it off yet, but it doesn't look too bad.
    23.JPG

    H11 Foglight plugs needed to change the wiring of the foglights.>>
    23a.JPG

    So i had to cut the crash bar corners to suit the S3 BUMPER, that was simple enough. Converting the foglight wiring to suit the new foglights.

    I also purchased a new bonnet and foglight grills from TPS. I used some chrome rings from the newer 2010 S3 foglight grills and adapted them to fit on the S3 grills on mine. I bought some foglights for a 2010 S3 off Ebay and they fitted easily in my S3 Bumper.

    Also put a rear Spoiler on the back and a HID kit...

    Here's how it looks so far >>
    24.JPG25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg29.jpg


    I've got a few other mods planned for it at some stage.
    Definately needs Lowering and have been advised to go for some Weitec by KW ones off a guy on here.

    Wheel spacers maybe, but will see how it looks when I've lowered it.

    Tempted for some aftermarket headlights and rear lights, but i don't think they fit well . .
    S3 mirrors? but they'll probably just get nicked

    Might get the rear lower diffuser and lower centre section of front bumper painted silver to look like the S3?

    May plastidip the wheels black to see if the full on Stealth look is appealing.

    I'm not too happy with the gap between the bumper and bonnet. I might try and see if I can get a better alignment when I get chance . .

    Thanks for looking!



    Pepsi, can you help me please with the horizontal distance between the highest points of the bonnet- the sharp ones (see example image)? I want to make S3 bumper upgrade, and I need to change the hood (I have A3-2004 with 2 front grille). I found one used, but the owner don't knows exactly what year is it ... and I do not want to send it by courier in vain. 25.jpg

    Also, I see you choose a grille from FK, which initially did not match with s3 bumper. How do you make adjustments? you cut something ?
    Typically, a OEM S3 grille has in the bottom two horizontal lines and yours has 3. I had the impression that is smaller !?!?


    Thanks

  15. #14
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks_laza View Post
    Pepsi, can you help me please with the horizontal distance between the highest points of the bonnet- the sharp ones (see example image)? I want to make S3 bumper upgrade, and I need to change the hood (I have A3-2004 with 2 front grille). I found one used, but the owner don't knows exactly what year is it ... and I do not want to send it by courier in vain. 25.jpg

    Also, I see you choose a grille from FK, which initially did not match with s3 bumper. How do you make adjustments? you cut something ?
    Typically, a OEM S3 grille has in the bottom two horizontal lines and yours has 3. I had the impression that is smaller !?!?


    Thanks
    I'll measure it when i get chance to hopefully sometime today. fitting that fk grill in the s3 bumper was a nightmare. spent most of an evening chopping bits off the back of it and trimming sections out of the bumper also so it would fit in,then using adhesive to hold it in. But its not a great fit once it fits in, so i wouldn't bother trying it again. i'd just get a genuine one. i was led to believe the fk grill would fit the s3 bumper but apparantly its an s3 style that fits only a3 and s-line bumpers

  16. #15
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    I'll measure it when i get chance to hopefully sometime today. fitting that fk grill in the s3 bumper was a nightmare. spent most of an evening chopping bits off the back of it and trimming sections out of the bumper also so it would fit in,then using adhesive to hold it in. But its not a great fit once it fits in, so i wouldn't bother trying it again. i'd just get a genuine one. i was led to believe the fk grill would fit the s3 bumper but apparantly its an s3 style that fits only a3 and s-line bumpers
    thank you for that. i was at 1 step to buy something similar. when you have some time, don't forget to measure the bonnet. thanks!!
    Last edited by aleks_laza; 4th February 2013 at 21:39.

  17. #16
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks_laza View Post
    Pepsi, can you help me please with the horizontal distance between the highest points of the bonnet- the sharp ones (see example image)? I want to make S3 bumper upgrade, and I need to change the hood (I have A3-2004 with 2 front grille). I found one used, but the owner don't knows exactly what year is it ... and I do not want to send it by courier in vain. 25.jpg

    Also, I see you choose a grille from FK, which initially did not match with s3 bumper. How do you make adjustments? you cut something ?
    Typically, a OEM S3 grille has in the bottom two horizontal lines and yours has 3. I had the impression that is smaller !?!?


    Thanks
    Just remembered this morning pal, I measured it at roughly 690mm

  18. #17
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Just remembered this morning pal, I measured it at roughly 690mm
    Thanks!! Monday I will start the A3 to S3 conversion

  19. #18
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19
    Why keep the S3 badge on the front grill?

  20. #19
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    111

    Re: My A3 modifications and Facelift

    Chrome on Your fog lights looks very bad
    Rest ok

  21. #20
    ElliottB's Avatar
    Audi A3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    144

    My A3 modifications and Facelift

    Hi dude, how much was the new bumper??

    Cheers
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI - S3 Intercooler - Darkside Developments Hard Pipe Boost Kit - EGR Delete - Milltek Non-Res Decat Exhaust System - Performance -Torque Custom Remap 187BHP + 335lb/ft

  22. #21
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    111

    Re: My A3 modifications and Facelift

    .

  23. #22
    Mr. B's Avatar
    English...not so good

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottB View Post
    Hi dude, how much was the new bumper??

    Cheers
    What car is that in Avatar? Looks nice


  24. #23
    leewalsh16's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    49
    nice mods mate, can you tell me what tint you have used on your windows (percentage-wise)
    Audi A3 2.0T S Line Special Edition


  25. #24
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by westers View Post
    Why keep the S3 badge on the front grill?
    Just preferred it on.

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel.ireland View Post
    Chrome on Your fog lights looks very bad
    Rest ok
    Cheers. Yeah it was a bit of an experiment with that, but i'v kinda grown with it. .
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottB View Post
    Hi dude, how much was the new bumper??

    Cheers
    About 300 ish

    Quote Originally Posted by leewalsh16 View Post
    nice mods mate, can you tell me what tint you have used on your windows (percentage-wise)
    i think i got 50% front two windows and 5% back three . . A guy in Nelson did it, VIP Autotints... Great cheap service

  26. #25
    Mr. B's Avatar
    English...not so good

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    944
    Did you fit the springs in the end? Get some proper pictures in the Sun please.


  27. #26
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    55
    Looks good. Be careful of police tho. They will have your pants down with them front tints as they did with me

  28. #27
    AudiMafia's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    403
    nice modification, what about air intake?

    Had mine tited at the front 50% for two years and never been stopped touch wood :D
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

  29. #28
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironborn View Post
    Did you fit the springs in the end? Get some proper pictures in the Sun please.
    Yeah i keep meaning to, I'm not too impressed with the front springs tho. hasn't really dropped enough for my liking, but will get some pics up soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by phil77 View Post
    Looks good. Be careful of police tho. They will have your pants down with them front tints as they did with me
    Yeah i've had experience with them on previous cars but i did have darker tint then. Although on some pics it looks quite dark, but really you can see right through in daylight. the inside of the car is darker now with the back three windows done limo style...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheBoss View Post
    nice modification, what about air intake?
    Had mine tited at the front 50% for two years and never been stopped touch wood :D
    Haven't considered changing the air intake really, from what i have read, it doesn't do much difference to the diesels anyway?
    I'll keep touching wood too for the tints lol

  30. #29
    AudiMafia's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    403
    I lowered mine which is a sport model with 30mm springs at the rear and 40mm at the front and not what i was looking for I should have known before when they mean 30mm and 40mm lowering they meant for standard A3 because sport version is already lowered about 15mm i think but still looks better than it used to.
    Last edited by AudiMafia; 24th May 2013 at 17:47.
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

  31. #30
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,071
    Oh noes, S3 badges on a TDI ... *frowny face*

    Looks mint tho.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  32. #31
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheBoss View Post
    I lowered mine which is a sport model with 30mm springs at the rear and 40mm at the front and not what i was looking for I should have known before when they mean 30mm and 40mm lowering they meant for standard A3 because sport version is already lowered about 15mm i think but still looks better than it used to.
    Yeah i think i'm the same pal, mines a sport. i'm gonna post up some pics of it now.

    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    Oh noes, S3 badges on a TDI ... *frowny face*

    Looks mint tho.
    hehe i know most ppl aren't a fan but whatever floats ya boat i guess . .

  33. #32
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Pics of car lowered 35mm all round with weitec springs. Also plastidipped the wheels last nite. . 32.JPG
    33.JPG34.JPG

  34. #33
    TOTE's Avatar
    Just Me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    102

    My Social Networking

    Add TOTE on Facebook
    looks very nice

  35. #34
    J8TT X's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    338
    Like the look.
    I'm in the middle of the same conversion but with a s-line bumper.

    Was it easy to fit the H11 fog plugs? did you get adapters or cut the wires and fitted a new plug?
    Also been looking for some fog lights, you know what different models use the same fog lights?
    None seem to pop up on ebay for 2005-2008 A3 s-line/s3.

    Thanks
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

    2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

  36. #35
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by J8TT X View Post
    Like the look.
    I'm in the middle of the same conversion but with a s-line bumper.

    Was it easy to fit the H11 fog plugs? did you get adapters or cut the wires and fitted a new plug?
    Also been looking for some fog lights, you know what different models use the same fog lights?
    None seem to pop up on ebay for 2005-2008 A3 s-line/s3.

    Thanks
    yeah i cut and crimped the new fog plugs on, pretty straight forward. My fog lights were actually from the 2009 - 2012 S3. I bought the 2009 - 2012 foglights and grills by mistake, but luckily i tried the fog lights and they were a straight fit. No mods needed. so i ended up buying some new grills from TPS for about 40 quid each! I used the chrome surround though of the newer grills and experimented with them on my foglight grills . . . pretty neat..

    I'm pretty sure you can get some non genuine fog lights fair cheap. .
    J8TT X likes this.

  37. #36
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by J8TT X View Post
    Like the look.
    I'm in the middle of the same conversion but with a s-line bumper.

    Was it easy to fit the H11 fog plugs? did you get adapters or cut the wires and fitted a new plug?
    Also been looking for some fog lights, you know what different models use the same fog lights?
    None seem to pop up on ebay for 2005-2008 A3 s-line/s3.

    Thanks
    These may fit your bumper? Just check the fixings are in the correct place..
    Audi A3 Mk.3 (Incl.S3) 7/08- Left Hand Near Side Front Fog Light | eBay

  38. #37
    BigWillyStyle's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Pics of car lowered 35mm all round with weitec springs. Also plastidipped the wheels last nite. . 32.JPG
    33.JPG34.JPG
    car looks really smart! Think it needs to be a little lower though.
    If it ain't scrubbin', it ain't dubbin'

  39. #38
    Pepsi's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire/Yorkshire
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle View Post
    car looks really smart! Think it needs to be a little lower though.
    If it ain't scrubbin', it ain't dubbin'
    Your absolutely right mate, i wasn't impressed with the front at all. Have you got any recommendations what to go for but with keeping the ride nice and smooth?

  40. #39
    BigWillyStyle's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Your absolutely right mate, i wasn't impressed with the front at all. Have you got any recommendations what to go for but with keeping the ride nice and smooth?
    It depends what you want to spend and what you class as 'smooth' mate.

    I have coilovers which are dropped about 65mm. I mostly do motorway journeys and to be fair, the ride isnt that bad. Obviously hitting a pot hole or a speed bump its alot worse than standard suspension but i'm just more careful.

    As coilovers are adjustable you could just raise them if they're too harsh.

    Cheap coilovers only last a couple of years realistically so if you're not prepared to change them that often i'd go for more expensive ones with a longer guarantee.

    As for springs i'm sure which ones are best but i if you use the search engine on this site there will be a fair few topics mate.

  41. #40
    J8TT X's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    These may fit your bumper? Just check the fixings are in the correct place..
    Audi A3 Mk.3 (Incl.S3) 7/08- Left Hand Near Side Front Fog Light | eBay

    Yeah they seem to be the ones, but wasn't sure if the 2008-2012 would fit the 2005-2008.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

    2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pre-facelift and Facelift DIS differences
    By Neesh in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th May 2010, 15:46
  2. 19s fitted + aero wipers and facelift rears (image heavy)
    By djwillb in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th March 2010, 09:15
  3. phase 1 and facelift dash??
    By nky_84 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8th January 2007, 21:39
  4. difference between 98 and facelift 99-01 models?
    By doeboy in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th December 2006, 20:24
  5. Different Between Pre-Facelift and Facelift?
    By emzino in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th September 2006, 06:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO