EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Dension 100/iPhone/Concert GEN II+ GSM Interference

I have just fitted a Dension Gateway 100 to my Concert Gen II+. I didn’t like it at first as I thought you were confined to using playlists and the iPhone screen was locked down. I didn’t want this, because I wanted to be able to use the iPhone normally and pick and choose my albums, or use TomTom if I needed to. I eventually worked out how to switch the Dension into iPhone UI mode which unlocks the iPhone screen again and now I’ve got the control I want it’s actually quite a good piece of kit. You lose the DIS track info if you do this, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I’ve hit a problem though. Last night I mounted the iPhone to the dash with a pass-through dock and I’ve had a couple of short trips and whilst it plays music very well, I get really awful GSM interference. I’m not sure if it’s the iPhone being mounted too near the Concert or if it’s the Dension adaptor tucked away behind the Concert in the dash or a combination of the two.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to resolve this? Putting the iPhone in airplane mode isn’t really an option as I want to be able to make/receive calls via my parrot or use the TomTom. I know a few people have fitted the Dension kit and dash mounted their iPhone. Anyone else getting this issue?

I’ve read on the forum about possible applying some GSM shielding but not sure what I’m looking for. I could try and relocate the Dension adapter to the glovebox instead of behind the concert. Not sure if this is the issue though. This is such a shame as I was looking forward to being able to listen to my iPhone in the car again.

Thanks.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDi S-Line 140CR 3DR | Full Leather S3 Dimple Heated Interior | Dual Zone Climate Control | Black Edition Grille | Black Edition Fog Light Grilles | Dension iPhone Kit | Heated Seat Retro-Fit | Titanium Alloy Refurb | Window Tints | Parrot Bluetooth

Plans
    Remap
    | Reverse Parking Sensors | Who Knows Where From There

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Remove the dension from rear & have it hanging & test to see if the interference goes away, then you'll know if its the module location at fault.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Nigel. Will give that a go. The quadlock cut in cable has a little bit of length to it, not too generous, but enough to move the module. I hope that's the culprit.

I can't imagine it's just the iPhone being near the Concert as plenty of other forum members must have dash mounted Phones and everyone would be complaining.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDi S-Line 140CR 3DR | Full Leather S3 Dimple Heated Interior | Dual Zone Climate Control | Black Edition Grille | Black Edition Fog Light Grilles | Dension iPhone Kit | Heated Seat Retro-Fit | Titanium Alloy Refurb | Window Tints | Parrot Bluetooth

Plans
    Remap
    | Reverse Parking Sensors | Who Knows Where From There