A3tdi 170 running problems after injector recall?

Levans

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with their car after having the injectors replaced after recall.

Had injectors done last week and now the car is loosing power when sat in 6th at around 60, Asif it's pulling back.and when you boot it it feels jerky.

I phoned audi who were reluctant to look at the car again and told me if they do look at it it will cost us £80 + vat alone!!

Has anyone else had these problems and had any better outcomes? Not too sure where to start.

Yeap there's been loads of issues with 170's after injectors replaced, just get hold of audi CS directly mate, some dealers are damn useless sometimes with this problem & maybe a polite word or 2 about trading standards may help.

I'd maybe take a moment to read some of my old posts if you want some info on problems after injector recall lol I've only be going through it for 6 months and my car is currently at Audi getting a new DPF and inlet manifold!

Go down to the dealership and tell them you want the car looking over after the recall as its not right and its safety issue, also tell them your no willing to pay as they have done the recall, that's the route I went down.

They checked and actually replaced a DPF pressure sensor.

Have had a lengthy discussion about this injector recall and cars running lumpy after it and poor starting. What I didnt realise was that the injectors are actually adjustable off the camshaft apparently. Its this adjustment thats not being carried which makes the car run like a bag of nails. I was trying to work out what the tech was actually discussing so if I have it wrong or have gone off course then let me know. The injector spring has to be adjusted and then accurately fettled using a DTI. If this isnt done and the injectors just poppped in and nothing else then your liable to get a poorly running car. This is also true for cars that get a DPF delete. If running real lumpy the injectors cannot take the extra load with the DPF being removed. Tell tale signs are lots of smoke and running lumpy. As soon as the injectors are adjusted then voila you should have a well running car.

If anyone wants to add to this or correct me in any way please feel free as I want to get my head round this problem.

Yep, very true about the injector adjustment however there is still some confusion as to whether the rocker adjustment should be tightened down then backed off 90, 180, or 225 degrees. VAG changed the settings several times & no one seems to be 100% as to what they should be set to.

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum. i have a BMN engine code. The car has a stage 2 remap and DPF delete. when i bought the car it had smoking issues. The previous owner said it was the turbo on its way out. So after i bought i replaced the turbo but with no joy. Further to this i had the injectors done on a recall but that didn't change anything.

The car smokes excessively, its bluish smoke and stings the eyes (smells like diesel fuel i think). i recently took back to dealers and they said the injectors are fine.

Prior to this I've taken back to Remap company whom originally did the map and they said all seems fine on the map side and the problem lies some where else.

Could the problem i have with blue smoke from exhaust pipe be the fact that the injectors need adjustment as stated in this thread?

Please advise? all comments welcome....

thanks in advance.

Well I've just had a very similar problem on a customers car last week. Beautiful Seat Leon FR PD170 550. Had injector recall 2 months ago. Drove it to the garage for its DPF delete which was uneventful so great. Remapped it stage 1 and then started it up to see masses of smoke. Customer was happy enough to take it home and see what happened. Yesterday his neighbours thought the car was on fire due to the amount of smoke it was producing. Turns out that there has been a lot of this model having major problems after DPF delete due to incorrectly set up injectors and when the DPF is deleted they cannot handle it. Shark HQ have recovered several cars with this problem so there will be more like this that have never had the new injectors correctly adjusted and set-up.

Yeah my mate did the injector checks just to make sure all was good when we were doing the cambelt etc work, so this definitely is something that should be tested with the correct tools, its unreal Audi have agreed recall, but so many people are getting problems & Audi are infact charging people to correct the issues, absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Yeah my mate did the injector checks just to make sure all was good when we were doing the cambelt etc work, so this definitely is something that should be tested with the correct tools, its unreal Audi have agreed recall, but so many people are getting problems & Audi are infact charging people to correct the issues, absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

how can you get the injectors checked ?

Any idea what angle they're meant to be backed off to Nigel? I can't find anything anywhere to be 100%, the car sounds like an old beetle at the moment so I know the clearances are wrong!

i'm thinking of taking mine to Darkside Developments (tdi tuning company)to have the smoking issue looked and hopefully get sorted. Has anyone used this company and if so what how are they?

Just to update - looks like they were originally set to 180 degrees from the factory but later revised to 225 degrees. It's since backing off further to 225 that people are having issues, set them to 180 & it should be all good :)

Just to update - looks like they were originally set to 180 degrees from the factory but later revised to 225 degrees. It's since backing off further to 225 that people are having issues, set them to 180 & it should be all good :)

how do we do this ?