RNS-E 2013 DVD

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi All,

My local Audi garage want a small fortune for the latest 2013 discs, was wondering if anyone knew of any other places where they can be sourced cheaper?

Buying a copy from a vendor in Poland on Ebay does not appeal.... for obvious reasons.

Has anyone ever used dvdmapupdates.com ???

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be interested to hear from them. Seems to be the one thing Amazon don't sell.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Pm me also I'm thinking this is why I'm getting disk unreadable error?

Don't use fake discs in the rnse - they make the laser work harder thus reducing its life.

Genuine diss all the way.

I have a genuine 2012 disc for sale if anyone wants one.

Ok thats not completely true tbh Chris, as variables in the process people use, are what affects the outcome & laser issues imho, aswell as the old dirty laser head which is tbh, allot of the time, responsible for drive issues.

I know people that have genuine dvd's & copy there's every year when updated, so as to not have there's scratched whilst in the car, as they're still cd music lovers as such & they dont have any issues.

Reactions: a6_chris and N8
No problem Nige, was just posting what I read online.

Learn something new everyday eh! ;)

Hey its all good, differing opinions are what makes & breaks this world lol.

Everyday is a school day & I love it.

Reactions: a6_chris and N8
I believe I have a 2012 MAPS copy in my 2012 RNSE.
I thought Audi would stop updating discs as the car and the DVD based satnavs become extinct?

What difference is there between the 2012 and 2013 maps apart from roads?

What is this speed camera option that people seem to talk about? Is that on the 2013?

The speed camera option is for me pointless as its just an icon/poi on the screen, its not part of audi, its setup by copying your dvd & adding more data to the image as such.

I've been in touch with an eBay seller who will buy my old 2007 DVD disc as part of a trade in deal against new genuine discs.

His prices were as follows...

2008 - £10
2009 - £15
2009/10 - £20
2011 - £30

Does seem like a good deal?

He only had a copy of a 2012 which he would sell for £20 plus my disc.

I'm keen to know what the benifits are of upgrading and which are the best years to have.

best year to have id say is the 2013

Have to agree with Nigel on the points he made above. I burned several coasters before I finally got a 100% working copy all the time, every time. I've now had a backed-up copy of my genuine disc in the car for about 8 months. Perfect every time.

I quite fancy the latest 2013 DVD for my RNS-E. Where can I get this from?
Cheers

*Linky removed by Sidibear*

Sorry dude, but it doesn't look good if we put up links to counterfeit software. We work well with Audi GB and are trying to increase our relationship with them for the benefit of the forum members.
Hope you will understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussions on how to make counterfeit media & links to counterfeits are also not allowed on the open site.

lol, nice try fella, we all know where that link gets you :p

ASN lives in harmony with vag & I'm sure would like there involvement with the site one day, as the biggest vag forum around, posting links to a page with links for vag counterfeit media as such, does not help that cause :)

Reactions: Sandra
Bringing this back full circle then:

Is it possible to purchase genuine 2013 Audi Navigation Discs cheaper than direct from Audi? Ie through TPS or similar?

Back when I had RNS-D cd based Sat Nav Plus I think they were made by TeleAtlas and did not need to be Audi branded.

never had so many PMs in one day since I became a member here!

they're all replied to and the first person who replies with aok gets it :)

Will the SW and HW change if I change to 2013?

At the moment I have SW:0200 and HW:H03

Will the SW and HW change if I change to 2013?

At the moment I have SW:0200 and HW:H03

The SW will change IF there is an update on the 2013 disc. I don't know if there is yet until I get mine. At the moment you are up to date.

Ok mate, thanks.

What does the SW and HW relate too? Software Firmware version and Hardware Firmware Version?

Yes on mk2's using 2013 dvd, the sw will change to 0220 & hw stays same.

There wouldn't be such a ridiculous idea as full postcodes would there? Surely not.

Oh look there's a pig flying.

Reactions: a6_chris
Sorry for the dig, but I just found this.

Is it worth my while getting the 2013 disk if I have the 2012? I don't do a massive amount of travelling but when I do I use the speed limits and navigation fairly heavily.

How much should I expect to pay for it? I guess it was optimistic of me to think Audi might include free upgrades on a £30k car, at least for the warranty period, when the Satnav/stereo cost something like £1500 of that >_>