20 Spoke - 2 piece alloy wheels

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
When I first went to look at an A3 the dealer had a sportback with these on and I thought they looked great, now I have come to place my order I'm struggling to visualize them on the car!

Does any one have any Piccys of these alloys on a A3 or any other car come to that?

Thanks

audi-a3.jpg

These ones...

cast aluminium alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 20-spoke design, two-piece, with 225/40 R 18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

ak_l_motiv.jpg

Or how about these...

cast aluminium alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 14-spoke design, with 225/40 R 18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

ak_l_motiv.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
These ones...

cast aluminium alloy wheels, 7.5Jx18, 20-spoke design, two-piece, with 225/40 R 18 tyres (quattro GmbH)

ak_l_motiv.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

There the ones, now any better Piccys?

Are they definitely 18's, they look small.

I think in that pic they look like 16" - really need to find a car with them on as I don't know if I have made the right choice now...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These ones...

ak_l_motiv.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

There the ones, now any better Piccys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry mate, just these ones from the Audi website.

I saw an A4 2.0 TDI Sline yesterday with these on... I must say they don't look that nice! Sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I think the RS6 wheels set all the Audi's off so much better, except for the BBS CH's of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Steph V6 (no longer on the forum) had them too: the fasteners on his started rusting within months, and he had problems getting it fixed under warranty !!

That the 2nd person that has mentioned that they rust to me, does Stephv6 have any piccys?

Yes, they're not the same. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Still, they're Audi wheels, made by BBS, and they had an issue with rusting fasteners.

Crunch time, I need to make my mind up now and finalize the order! I still don't know!

Well, ask yourself this: how often do you wash your car? Will you have the time to take extra care of the wheels? If so, and you're set on multi-piece wheels then go for it!

However, if you're half as lazy as I am, then stay away.

Good luck!

I have decided to go for a roof spoiler and multi function steer wheel instead... hope I don't regret it!

Good call, spoiler and mf wheel will be good. I don't like those 20 spoke wheels the standard s line look superb and will be really easy to keep clean.

I've got the M\F wheel on my Sportback and would definitley have it again.

So much easier with the CD\Radio. Change tracks on the CD, fast fwd a track, adjust the volume, change the radio station - all without removing your hands from the wheel! Also has what looks ike some phone buttons but I don't use them.

I just wish you could adjust the climate from the wheel - all those pesky little buttons that look the same!