Brembo pads not very good ?? Used on gti edition 30 set up

TDI140

Reaction score
I have golf gti edition front brake set up on my car and standard 2.0tdi rear break set up, and all round brembo pads replaced couple weeks ago, ive noticed the brakes are good but if i brake hard the brake pedal becomes hard and brakes dont work aswel and also when i park up and get out the car i can smell the pads as if they have been set on fire, does this occur with anyone else on the forum with brembo pads ?????

thanks

Did you use the brakes extreme from day one of the new pads being fitted or gave them some sensible braking to bed in well.

Did you use the brakes extreme from day one of the new pads being fitted or gave them some sensible braking to bed in well.

i allowed the pads to embed with the discs braking is fine when driving slow or applying the brakes frequently but if they are used alot around country roads and such they tend to get really hot and i can smell them as if the pad as if it has crumbles away but on 2 occasions ive taken my wheels off to check and the pads look perfectly normal and same with the discs they have no grooves in, could it be that it happens due to them being performance bads they need to be warm to work ??

I had a mk5 gti and always thought the brakes were a bit poop to be honest :(

I would contact supplier & ask if it needs a better pad/disc match up mate.

next time i will definitely be buying OEM pads and discs i always buy OEM